

For those of you who don't know, I spent Fall Semester of my sophomore year studying in Nauvoo, Illinois. It was a priceless experience and one that I treasure dearly. We lived right across the street from the beautiful Nauvoo temple. We studied much of the history of our church living right where much of it occurred! There is an entire town rebuilt as it was in the 1830 with a blacksmith shop, a bakery, houses, and more. It reminds me so much of Williamsburg which I visited many times while growing up in VA. There was so much history to be learned and I absolutely fell in love with Nauvoo, the people who lived there, and the prophet Joseph Smith.
My mom was able to come and stay a week with me while I was living there. That was a very special experience my mom and I were able to share.
I also gained dear friends in Nauvoo. It was wonderful to see you all!
I didn't know you went to Nauvoo for a semester, Julie that is so cool!! I wish I would have done that!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE NAUVOO!!!!! We went this summer, and went to the temple, and the new pageant... it is one of my favorite places ever!
ReplyDeleteHey Julie, I know Sara Beth...she was in my freshman ward!
ReplyDelete