So I was determined to go to the grocery store today...it's been awhile. Somehow this chore always is pushed to the back burner: I hate grocery shopping!!!! (one exception for some reason I absolutely love Costco. I think this love was instilled in me while growing up. I have many memories of Costco with my mom who also loved the store. For that reason I will not cross the enemy line of the consumer world and join Sam's Club even though it is 15min closer!) Although I'm not sure if it's the shopping I hate or the prep that must come before the shopping (plan meals (I can never think of what to cook), write list of ingredients needed, etc.)Enough with the tangents!!! So I was going to go I promise, but.....
All morning I have been hearing the frightening wind of the snow storm outside. I opened my door and, no joke, snow comes flying into my house!!! I scream, slam the door, bolted it and turned to Reagan and said matter-of-factly, "Looks like we're having French toast for dinner!"
Amen! I hate this weather. I actually dropped Hailey off at Ashley's this afternoon so I could run errands and pack. So, I'm a wuss too when it comes to babies in the cold. Just a few more weeks, right? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog. I can't wait to keep up this way, too. And yes, we do need to get together.
I feel the same way about grocery shopping. It is always something I have to psyche myself up for. Nothing wrong with french toast!!
ReplyDeleteI used to love grocery shopping, but bringing a baby is a whole other matter, and there's very little that will get me out in this weather when I don't have to! And I'm with Mary, French toast is a fine dinner! :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! You are such a fun writer, Julie:) I can just see it... French toast sounds great to me!
ReplyDeleteOh I can't agree with you more. I could spend hours and thousands of dollars at Costco. I even go there sometimes during the week even if I have nothing to get! And yeah, grocery stores just are so boring! You guys should move down to Arizona (just kidding)! I take Ty on walks every day in the winter (70 degrees bright sunshine every day, what's not to like?)
ReplyDelete