One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read a book a month. This doesn't sound like very much but I just don't sit down to read very often. It's not that I don't love it but I always feel like I can only sit down to read when everything else is done and everything else is NEVER done. I needed to make a goal of it so I would put reading as a priority in my agenda oriented brain. Well, as we all know, January came and went in a blink of an eye!!! It was 10:30 on January 31st when I finally sat down on the couch to finish my book that I was only half way through. Ten minutes into it I was felt sleep overcoming me... I turned to Will, "I can't do it, Will! I'll start next month ." But Will would not have it! "What can I do for you in order for you to finish your goal? I'll stay up with you for as long as it takes. I know you'll regret it if you don't"
"It's hopeless," I replied. "There's no way I can finish this book tonight!"
Before I knew it, Will was up and scurrying around in the kitchen. He made me hot chocolate, topped it high with whipped cream, and even continued to grate chocolate on top!!! It was so beautiful and so sweet I just had to take a picture!
"Oh, no," I thought, "I can't not finish it now, Will's expectations are too high!" But unfortunately I was just not feeling it. I decided I needed a change in literary scenery to push me to the end. I went back to our book shelf and searched for the leanest spine on the shelf....Awww, the perfect thing...
Small and Simple Things by Marjorie Pay
I have had this book for 2 years and have never read it. I bet a lot of you are in the same situation, and I am telling you READ IT! My January book experience could not have been brighter. I loved the breath taking pictures, the way she seemed to put everything in perspective, her wit and humor, her inspiration. A meaningful and joyous life really is about the small and simple things.
Julie, I hear you!! One of my new year's resolutions was to read 2 books a month and hum, yeah... January rolled by and I didn't finish my book. It was good, but kindof boring, so I think I'll start on the Work and the Glory, you've read those right?? Jared got his books from his Mom's so they are at our house now!! Wish me luck! Will is so sweet. Jared wouldn't have done that...he'd be like... Go to bed hun, you can do it next month, lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story!! I love it!
ReplyDelete