Anne, my best friend from high school, hosted a Christmas Sweater Party. SO MUCH FUN!Disclaimer: For all the older people reading this blog, I have to admit that I actually do think some of these sweaters are pretty cute. It's just that our generation has a grand old time poking fun at the elaborately decorated sweaters equipped with puffy paint, bells, tinsel, bright colors, and large prints that our parents, elementary school teachers, and cute old ladies wear. I guess we find it comical simple because our generation doesn't wear stuff like that. But I must say, keep sporting it, anyone over the age for 45 still looks smashing in this attire. And I must say, how festive!
I had to say write this disclaimer because before I left for the party I went up to visit Rose and Shirrel and several of their daughters were there visiting. One daughter said to me, "Oh, what a beautiful sweater!" I had to laugh when I told her that, actually, I was wearing it because I was going to a sweater party. "Oh, so you mean it's a joke?"said with a confused look on her face. My only come back was, "Sort of." I felt kind of bad so I defend myself here! Much Love to the Holiday Sweaters:)
Here I am, cheesing it up by the tree, with my Christmas mug full of wassail and my awesome poinsettia sweater vest.

With Anne. She was rockin' the printed turtle neck under sweater look!
As I've mentioned several times on this blog, Reagan LOVES dogs! You can't fully appreciate Jocco's suit from this picture but he was one great Santa Clause! As Reagan would repeat a thousand times, "Doggie!!! Woo, Woo!" (woof, woof)
Oh, and all these pictures were from before I cut my hair. I can't believe how long it was getting. I was loving being able to do something different (you don't get much hair-do variety with short hair) by curling it into loose ringlets. I was curling it quite often and was loving it. But I must say I am partial to the way short look. So much easier and I feel more stylish. Comments anyone?Now for a really funny story:
This experience doesn't shock me at all because it's so a me sort of thing to do! I am always getting into situations where I find myself relating all too closely to Amelia Bedelia.
As you can see from the pictures, Reagan and I were flying solo for the evening. Will was out of town. Had he been here this would have never happened...
See, I am terrible with directions. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves is being lost, which is unfortunate for me because I always get lost. I believe having a good sense of direction is like having a sixth sense and I just don't have an ounce of it in me, something I must have inherited from my dad. Since marrying Will this problem has been all but cured because I can rely solely on him, who is insanely talented at finding his way around. When I found out the party was at Anne's brother's house I got Will on the phone and had him look up directions for me and walk me through step by step of how to get there. It was about a half hour away and he was good until the last street, he said, "You either take a right or left but they're on that street, just look for the house number." Easy enough.
After a few U-turns and a phone call to Will I made it to the last street, the one where I either go right or left on. I choose the right (CTR:). I am looking for the house number but for some reason all of the numbers are not in any sort of order (at least that I could figure out). But oooo, I see a house with tons of cars parked outside and all the lights on, "That's gotta be it!" I thought. I scan the porch, the lining of the garage, the mail box, the curb, alas a house number is nowhere to be found! Well this has to be it, this house is hopping and every other house on this street is as dead as a door nail. I park the car, unbuckle Reagan, take her out of her car seat, grab the white elephant gift, and tray of food and head for the door. As I stand on the porch waiting I am assured I found it because long boards are everywhere and I can totally see Chris long boarding. The door is answered, I smile and happily say, "HI!" as I walk right in. I take my shoes off and smile at everyone in the front room. I'm scanning the area for a fimiliar face, don't see one so proceed to walk all the way into the house and back into the kitchen. Someone came up to me and patted Reagan saying, "What a cute little girl!" "Thank you!" By this time Reagan has helped herself to the apples on the my tray and is happily eating perched upon my hip. Finally after not recognizing anyone I ask a girl who is preparing food at the sink, "Excuse me, is this the Tuttle residence?" "Uh no" "Right...okay then, wrong house!" I turn around, walk out of the kitchen, down the hall way, back to the foyer, put my shoes back on, say goodbye to the family members in the front room (as I have learned this is a family party), and head back to my car to venture, yet again, to find the awaiting sweater party (which I had to make a phone call to Chris to find). Looking back I see all the signs....the young teenage boy with a somewhat confused look on his face when he answered the door, but I was so in the party spirit I just walked right in without waiting for him to say a thing, which he didn't! By the time I got to the "real" party I was laughing so hard at this turn of events that I could barely make out the tale to my friends. Oh, what a night! We had a great time drinking wassail, eating delicious treats, playing acting games, white elephant gift exchange where I almost left with The Office Board game before it was snatched from my arms leaving me with a extremely creepy coconut head, seriously who brought that?
Good times!
Oh Julie, only you would do that.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that was the best story ever! Pat yourself on the back, that was awesome! (and yet something I would do, which makes me feel glad I wouldn't be alone...)
ReplyDeletethat is hilARIOUS!! just too funny! too much like a movie moment or something. and i just love the amelia bedelia mention, she's the greatest!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you have a great sense of humor and can share this story with us! It truly was hilarious! :)
ReplyDeleteJulie, that is possibly the best story ever. I'm sure that family will love telling it over and over again.
ReplyDelete-Catherine
I don't think that story will ever get old. Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI've just made it through all your Christmas posts. Looks like an awesome holiday for you guys!
Great story...and love the sweater vest!
ReplyDeleteThat was hilarious Julie! I love your Christmas sweater.
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute prego. I remember when you were prego with Reagan how cute you looked too! How are you feeling? I wish we could have seen all our Wymount friends when we were up there last month, but we were only up for 3 days. But next time we'll have to have a big get-together or something.
How are you doing and feeling?
That's awesome! You're so cute that anyone would LOVE to have you at their party, whether you're invited or not!
ReplyDeleteThe absolute FUNNIEST story I have ever heard. You are so funny! You are going to be documented in that families history. Your story will be as timeless as "The Night Before Christmas".
ReplyDeleteThat is HILARIOUS!! Gave me a good laugh. I totally know what you mean about the sweaters- My mom and grandma wear them, and I think they look fine, but I wouldn't wear them unless going to a party like that. Haha
ReplyDeleteOh Julie, even though you already shared this story with me, I think I laughed harder reading it!!!!! I still can't believe there were two different parties on the same street. Not only will you have stories to tell, think about the other family telling the story of the party crasher!!
ReplyDeleteYour big sis,
Melissa
Julie, I'm not sure if you can still get the old software, I have it on my husbands laptop, and have thought about trying to see if I can save it to a device and get it on my computer, but I haven't got there yet. If that works, I would love to share it with you.
ReplyDeleteI really was happy with Blurb last year and really don't want to find another company. Bloggled is another company, but they haven't started doing it yet, so I don't know their prices.
I'll keep you in mind, or pass the word to Mary when I find out about the software, I'm moving and having a baby in the next month, so it might be a while :) Looks like you are getting close too!
1.I haven't seen the name Amelia Bedelia in years. My favorite books ever.
ReplyDelete2. I am standing here at work laughing out-loud imagining Reagan eating those apples as you search for a familiar face.
3. If you only realized how similar we really are, Julie. As I read this story I saw ME in the situation...not hard to imagine. It totally makes sense that you assumed that was the party house. I am happy you blog about these things.
4. You make that sweater cute. If I saw you walking down the street I would think "oh...new style...cute." You are so cute that people automatically assume you know a world about fashion with that chic hair and all.
If you can't see the link to my blog it is survivingopposition.blogspot.com. The link is all messed up so don't think I have you like blocked or something. lol.
You are SOOO cute pregnant Julie. :) I miss you and hope you are well.
Ha ha SOOOOOO funny, I had to read it twice!!! I'm still laughing!!!
ReplyDeletethat is such a you thing to do. that's hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing!
ReplyDeleteDied laughing!! As soon as I got back home I got on your blog to see if the story was up. Never a disappointment. Now you own 2 of my favorite stories ever!! How funny, I am glad you could laugh about that, I would have been horrified and then I would have laughed.
ReplyDeleteOh Julie! I laugh every time I think or tell that story! Your blog is amazing!!! I am excited to keep up with it more. You are the best.
ReplyDelete