Friday, March 6, 2009

just like you!

I love that little kids want to do anything and everything that you do! Emulation is the greatest form of compliment. She wants to be just like Will and me and we LOVE it!

Here is yet another example of this:

We have a set of gift cards we keep in a tin container that Reagan loves to play with but yesterday Reagan got creative. She found an empty wallet that is the exact same as Will's in a drawer. She immediatelywent and got all her cards and started sticking them in the wallet.However, it didn't stop there. She took the wallet and tried to stick it to her bum! "What is she doing?" I thought. Then I laughed out loud! She was trying to put it in her pocket like daddy! So I stuck it in the back of her pants and she was so proud!
She would not take her hand off it! Even going for the juice!


She walked around like this for quite a while and I could NOT stop laughing.
She does things just like us even if she doesn't know the rhyme or reason for it. Reagan always takes showers with us. Since I only wash my hair every other day, on the days I'm not washing my hair I put on a headband to hold back my hair. Well now everytime Reagan goes to get in the shower she opens the bathroom drawer, pulls out a headband, puts it on, then waits by the side of the shower to get it in! It is her perfect routine, just to be like me!

On another note, this is a new thing Reagan is into and I am LOVING it! She actually LIKES playing in her crib. A lot of times she'll just climb in there on her own or I'll see her standing by it and I'll ask her, "Do you want in your crib?" and she says, "Yes." She'll play in there for 30 minutes at a time. We put a ton of books in there and she'll just sit flipping through books, or just to enjoy some quiet relaxing time. She'll even fall asleep a lot of the times we put her in, which can throw off her schedule, but hey if she wants to sleep, she can sleep!
She loves to look out the window. She has conveniently torn away all the plastic shutter blinds to create the perfect look out just for her face! But it's so cute when I come to her crib and instead of wanting out she goes to the window, points out, and starts telling me all about what she see's in her own little gibberish language. I love it!
Another reason she loves her crib is it is the only place she is allowed to have her blanket and pacifier. But I think she just truly enjoys having her own cozy space. Even when she goes over to friend's houses, if she feels upset she wants in their crib and all their blankets!!! If she ever sees the pack'n'play, even if it's in its case, she insists I open it up and wants in.
I have a feeling this is going to save me when the baby comes. I'll take a half hour cat nap anytime!

Random picture for the day: I'm too cute!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Tonight at dinner at a friends Emma poured some water from my glass into her sippy cup, just like Mommy had done! Of course it spilled all over and made a big mess, but she was just doing what she saw me do. It is so cute and fun. I love this age where we can talk to them and their talking is so cute and funny. We also love to watch Emma run through the house yelling her own little thing. So cute. Looking at her now makes me want another one because I feel like I'll miss this stage! The crib thing will definitely save you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, the picture of her looking back at you is sooooo funny! Loved the counter pictures. You have to post one of the head band.
    Love your big sis,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of her looking back at you too! :) Also, she's so funny...keeping the wallet in her pants! :) I love seeing little kids try and be big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post Julie. Hey i got a new phone and lost almost all of my numbers. can you call me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha...I LOVE the wallet!! That is SOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete

comments