Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lake Almanor

From August 2-7 we had our family trip to Lake Almanor. Lake Almanor is in Northern California and I have fond memories of going there every summer growing up. To me it is the most beautiful lake on earth, surrounded by gorgeous pine trees.

This will definitely be a trip to remember with the fact that everyone got sick! (so sad huh!) It was like a domino effect with a few new people throwing up each night and paranoid to the point of analyzing every slight off feeling, dreading you would be next! When my dad was at the store one day and curiously inquired if anyone had been sick in the area the worker replied, "Oh yeah, there's a whole cabin up there with people puking right and left!" My dad laughed when he pointed in our direction! I guess we became a legend up there! But no matter the circumstances it is ALWAYS so neat to be with family and we really did have a great time.

Now for the thousands of pictures. And I so wanted them perfectly in order and organized but until Blogger figures out a better way to rearrange I had to settle for the best I had patience for.

Casey, Bobby, and Jillian
These are my nieces and nephew. I cannot believe how grown up they are. I LOVED being with them, they are so cool.

With their mom, my sister, Melissa. So sad Jim couldn't make it.

The day we rented the jet ski was way cold. Jillian and I buffeted the storm. Seriously the waves were so high we only saw one other boat on the whole lake! It was crazy and a blast.
My brother Dean and wife Savannah trying to keep warm.
Savannah, Melissa, me, Reagan Jillian and Will
Uncle Tad and cousin Brett
Aunt Tricia
Sister Robin and little Micah
Melissa brought Reagan a birthday gift... a beautiful dress up dress, score for a gorgeous Halloween costume!
One of the best parts of being together is eating together. Especially since we had 2 of the world's greatest cooks: my mom and Auntie Linda
Pretty much everyday mom my, Aunt Linda, Uncle Craig, and Uncle Steve went to the store and went hiking. So my mom bought Harley this sling. He really is her baby.
We loved playing down at the dock. Lauren and Reagan My sister Robin's Family: Brent, Robin, Taylor, Micah, Lauren and dogs Bailey and Chaucer
Sisters
Robin, Cara, Julie, Jamie
Auntie Linda and Mom
Aren't they cute!!!! I love being with them, they are soooooo much alike.
Cousins were a BLAST!!!
(they were really great to put up with Reagan's incessant "NOOO!"s)lots of coloring!

Micah, Lauren, Reagan

The two newest cousins got to meet.
Taylor and Lincoln Taylor is just one month older than Lincoln, you would never guess by his size!
It's so cute how Taylor loves touching things!
Lots of hanging out, talking, playing games (my favorite was the night of Apples to Apples!)
Always slaving away in the kitchen. They're the best.
The Kid's Table
The cutest little boy in the whole wide world!
Lincoln, Cassie, and me
Jillian and Lincoln
Brent and Taylor with Jillian and Lincoln

BOATING!
Robin and Taylor
Lauren
Jamie and Lincoln
CaraTUBING!!! I had such a blast Jillian and Bobby.
Honestly, one of my favorite things to do was every evening we would take a group walk. It was Reagan's favorite part of the day too. She would pick up rocks, pick flowers, point out boats, the moon, the water ("waus"), "beep, beep" at cars. Walks are the greatest.
Mom, Aunt Linda, Me, Reagan, Savannah, and Melissa
I can't get her to stay still for one second!! This was a perfect picture spot, this is all we got!
Just hanging out. Sisters Cara and Robin
I was so glad Robin brought this toy up, Lincoln loved it!
The dogs were such a great part of this trip! They were great companions. They loved the walks, swimming in the lake, and just being with us. Reagan loved to use her new phrase, "No BARK!"

Swimming was so fun!
Reagan loved playing with the play fishing poll.
And throwing rocks in the water...
Reagan and Jamie
Will loved running and jumping off the dock. Reagan would get so terrified to see him fall into the water. She would yell, "DADDY!!!!!" as if he was gone forever. Finally we got her to give him a count to ten before he jumped and then clap and say, "yay!" after his jump.
More boating

Brent the captain
Poor Lincoln Jamie
Brent and Lincoln

Dean was so fun with Lincoln, he was making him crack up. I can hardly wait for their baby to come!!!more chillin'

Grandpa and Lincoln

A highlight for Will was playing golf with Brent and Bobby at Bailey Creek Golf Club. It was a stunning course!!!Will and Bobby Brent
A lot of tennis was played too. One day we took Lauren and Reagan along, they had fun playing around. Then we headed over to the playground nearby. It was a dream...a playground shaded by tall pine trees, with a view of the lake, WOW! Savannah played with the kids with me.

6 comments:

  1. Julie, I love the way you captured our fabulous family vacation. We were only there three days and yet it seems like we were there the entire time. It was a vacation we will remember forever!!! Love you lots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It takes a lot of work to do a post that long...way to go! Looks like a fabulous vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Julie! You look great. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great trip! I'm so jealous! I love going to lakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a blast on your family vacation! Lake trips are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful...glad you had fun on your family trip!

    ReplyDelete

comments