So let me catch up.
So the move was HARD (not the actually move which went incredibly smooth thanks to an awesome elders quorum and incredible friends) but all the preparing and after-math of the move just about killed me from exhaustion. No joke, I took two pregnancy tests because I was just THAT tired! We've moved before but it has never been this hard. I guess two kids later and all the stuff that goes along with them changes the entire picture. The first night in our beautiful home I should have been so grateful and so happy but instead I was bawling as I was walking up the stairs after putting Lincoln to sleep because my body ached and I was so tired it hurt.
The whole next week was pretty difficult too. As you know, I feel peace/order when I have a schedule/routine and my life was anything but that. We had all the unexpected things to do as new home buyers, tons of errands, living in chaos of boxes, no internet, and feeling lonely in a new place. (I'm sure all of you who have moved out of state are just rolling your eyes at me right now! but it's how I felt) I kept thinking "gosh, why am not just jumping for joy being in this beautiful new place." and that's when I realized a great lesson. It's true what everyone says, "things don't make you happy." But I think it's one of those lessons you know is true but you still have to learn for yourself.
Flash forward another week and I could not be happier!!!! It's been a great great week. After sorting through the initial load of boxes, enough so we could live normally, I felt much much better. Then I had loads of fun just organizing (I can handle that but boxes and boxes everywhere was too overwhelming). And thank goodness for Relief Society where I got to meet some friends. I went to a lunch bunch on Tuesday and had so much fun meeting the coolest girls. I'm so grateful for church where you have friends/family no matter where you move. I love you Relief Society!
Also a highlight was going to Swiss Days with BrieAnn. Oh my goodness was it amazing. It's definitely on my list of things I wont miss each year (hopefully with BrieAnn and sisters and mom because they were so fun to be with). I was incredibly bummed I didn't bring my camera but for those of you who don't know, Swiss Days is Midway's summer festival and they have booths and booths of cool stuff from beautiful art work, to clocks, to bows, to trendy crafts, you name it and it is so FUN!!! It was perfect timing having just moved into a new house that was in need of some decorating. One of my favorite purchases of a picture of Christ by Del Parson and he was there to sign it!
Now my mom and sister are here for a week and we are painting the whole house!!! It is so much fun. Don't worry there will be many pictures to come!!! Meanwhile, thanks for baring through a boring pictureless post.
I think even little changes can be hard. I remember missing our apartment a lot when we bought our house.
ReplyDelete