Friday, October 9, 2009

The Zoo

Reagan had so much fun going to the zoo at the beginning of the summer that I have been dying to take her again. Again, Fall weather is the perfect time to do anything! We went with our friends BrieAnn and Kim. (sorry for the lack of pictures of them!) It's amazing how much children change in a few short months. This time Reagan knew all the animals names and sounds. The theme of this trip was baby animals. No joke, something happened over the summer, every animal had a baby!!! It was amazing. We saw this ADORABLE baby elephant, who played and played with his a ball, cuddled his mom, flapped his floppy ears, and was simply delightful. We also saw three baby tiger cubs, a baby giraffe, and this monkey with her baby who she cuddled so tenderly, awww!!! Reagan loved it too, "baby elephant!!" "baby monkey!!"
The INCREDIBLE snake slide in Adventure Land.
I went down it a few times with Reagan too. I love how having kids allows you to experience the joy of childhood again. I mean seriously, playgrounds are fun!! I honestly have fun running around and playing on them! Man I love being a mom!

The bird and reptile house. Ugh, hot and humid in there, get me out!!!
No surprise, Reagan's favorite:
"SNAKE!!!"
This was the biggest rattle snake I have ever seen! And after reading Harry Potter I can never calmly admire a snake through a thin glass window without the fear of it suddenly popping away while all the children, happily playing centimeters away, just being gobbled up!!!
There were some firsts this trip too (yes, Reagan was old enough to invest in the adventure plus pass).

The Carousel:
The train:

"Not so sure about this mom!"

A FABULOUS day! Thanks BrieAnn and Kim for making it happen!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Seriously- fall is perfect for things like the zoo. Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, great pictures!!! I loved the elephant and her baby. How precious... I love fall too! I still enjoy doing all the fun things with my kids. It is true you live a second childhood through their eyes. Fun fun fun.... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! That baby elephant is so cute...my favorite for sure. And seriously, Julie, you are the most PHOTOGENIC person I've ever met!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures....I love keeping up on what you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete

comments