
We had such a fabulous Christmas Break. For the first time we stayed home for Christmas. Just our little family. And I have to say it was perfect. It was so relaxing and we had so much fun being together!We watched lots of movies (going to redbox almost everyday!) My favorite was Julie&Julia. And if we didn't have a movie to watch, Will's default was, of course, Elf!!! I even caught him watching it on TV! Hello, if you own the movie, doesn't that mean you don't need to watch it when it is on the TV. But he'll sit through commercials for that thing!
We ate lots of good food. I made a Ham dinner for Christmas Eve, Turkey dinner on Christmas, and my family's traditional Breakfast Strata. Which of course means lots of leftovers! HEAVEN!
Oh and the treats! I love all the goodies this time of year! The homemade delights friends and neighbors drop by, that fill you with love as you indulge! Peppermint Ice Cream only eaten this time of year. Hot Chocolate with homemade whipped cream in every bite. mmmmmmm....
Receiving Christmas Cards. Oh how I love receiving Christmas Cards! Thanks for all who sent them.
Playing games with Will. Settlers never gets old to us.
And I actually got a lot of house work done over the break! I finally started listening to audio books on my ipod (thank you Melanie!!) and I think, "I should have been doing this for years!" I am like a cleaning machine!!! Whereas before I grumbled as I endlessly walked around picking up, now I go looking for things to do! It's amazing!
Enough of my talk. Here are some pictures from our delightful Christmas Break:

Reagan has loved the Christmas tree. She has undecorated and redecorated the tree practically everyday! And if I'm not quick enough about turning the lights on she'll remind me by saying, "Christmas tree lights on Mom!" Can you find Reagan?






It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I think kids make it so much better! You are amazing cooking all those meals. If you need help with leftovers, we live just down the street. :)
ReplyDeleteOK, you have been busy posting! I love all the updates. Sure looks like you had a wonderful Christmas season doing lots of fun activities... I, of course, loved seeing the aprons. My favorite is the picture of Reagan looking through the tree. Is Lincloln just the happiest baby on earth or what?!!!! Oh yea, enjoyed the Christmas sweater story again LOL.
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention I LOVE the music! Maybe when you come you can show me how that works. Love you, your big sis Melissa
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect break. It is great when dad's are home. We're still soaking up every once of Matt! You all look great! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great Christmas! I love Reagan's coat! :)
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the pictures of the kids. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I am so glad. I will talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete