Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. First of all, Will's post cracked me up, and left me beaming, oh how I love that guy!!! But everything about the day was simply delightful: eating granola and yogurt with Reagan, singing hymns, playing my flute, a visit from fabulous Home Teachers, CHURCH, and then dinner with the Jones'.

For those of you who don't know, the Jones' are like my second family. When I was 16, I moved from my home in Virginia where I had entirely grown up, out to Utah. I spent junior and senior year attending Alta High School while living with the Jones family. Those 2 years were formative. It was in those years that I gained my deep testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. Leaving behind my friends, my family, my home, matured me in a way far beyond my 16 years of age. I am beyond grateful, and always will be. Although hard, those years were full of FUN!!! I met the most wonderful group of friends, who I cherish to this day. Especially my dear friend, Anne Tuttle. I look up to her in so many ways, so many levels, she is amazing! GORGEOUS Utah, with it's mountains, and wondrous outdoors kept me sane. I went snowboarding almost everyday, what up! (skipping a lot of school for the slopes, but still managed straight A's baby:) So yes, I owe so much to the Jones'. To them I will be ETERNALLY grateful. They gave me so much. But maybe the thing of which I'm most grateful is how they accepted me as part of their family. They have 7 outstanding children, who all treat me as a sister, and who love, and care for me. They are a model family, such an example to me and I LOVE to be with them. So on this mother's day I was grateful to share it with Sister Jones, who really was a mother to me, and all their family. Reagan had a blast on the swings with all the grandkids, and I ate to my until my stomach hurt (will I ever learn...don't think so). I got home tired, so it being mother's day and all, Will put Reagan to bed while I climbed into my own warm bed and went to sleep.

I love being a mother. My children are gifts from my loving Heavenly Father who has entrusted me with their care. I serve and honor Him as I seek to raise them in love and righteousness. They teach me to love on a level higher than this earth, they push me and stretch me to heights I could not easily reach, and they bring me greater JOY than I can hold. Being a Mother is an honor. I am Grateful. Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. I just learned something new about you. So, why did you leave home to attend your last 2 years of high school in Utah?? Did you know this family before you moved in with them?? Just curious. I'm glad you had a wonderful mother's day!! Love your blog "do"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    That was a beautiful post. You are a great writer. Thanks for your kind words about me. The feeling is mutual. You are a dear friend and truly an example to me. I love you so much and I am grateful we are still close today!

    ReplyDelete

comments