When Will and I graduated from BYU we prayed about where we should go. I had just finished teaching my first year of teaching and was pregnant with Reagan. I was so looking forward to being a mother. I know we were led here, a blessing in both our lives.
For two years we lived in the basement of Rose and Shirrel's home. I came upstairs and visited them throughout the day and made sure all was well. We developed a wonderful friendship.
I still can't get over how gorgeous Rose is, at 90, she still does her hair and makeup everyday! And Shirrel, 94, is still sharp as a nail!
Evidences of their tender relationship is all around! I love how I would often come up to see them lovingly holding hands. In the background you can see a picture of them with their 12 kids!
It is amazing to see this picture of Reagan hugging "grandpa" because I remember bringing her home from the hospital here, watching her lay on a blanket in their front room, start to roll all over the room, then watching her crawl to meddle with the wonderful treasures old people tend to collect :) , and listening to Shirrel comment as he increasingly began to see more and more of Reagan's head as she walked behind the couch and grew taller and taller. Reagan was sunshine in their days and they were wisdom and friendship in mine. I will be eternally grateful for this relationship. I love them. So good to see you Rose and Shirrel.
For two years we lived in the basement of Rose and Shirrel's home. I came upstairs and visited them throughout the day and made sure all was well. We developed a wonderful friendship.I still can't get over how gorgeous Rose is, at 90, she still does her hair and makeup everyday! And Shirrel, 94, is still sharp as a nail!
Evidences of their tender relationship is all around! I love how I would often come up to see them lovingly holding hands. In the background you can see a picture of them with their 12 kids!
It is amazing to see this picture of Reagan hugging "grandpa" because I remember bringing her home from the hospital here, watching her lay on a blanket in their front room, start to roll all over the room, then watching her crawl to meddle with the wonderful treasures old people tend to collect :) , and listening to Shirrel comment as he increasingly began to see more and more of Reagan's head as she walked behind the couch and grew taller and taller. Reagan was sunshine in their days and they were wisdom and friendship in mine. I will be eternally grateful for this relationship. I love them. So good to see you Rose and Shirrel.
what a sweet post
ReplyDeleteso nicely written. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI like this post. A lot.
ReplyDelete