Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Depression

To many of you who have contacted me and I haven't responded (so many of you, thank you) I'm sorry, I just want to say I am really struggling. It's not an excuse. I am just willing to get it out in the open that I'm dealing with depression and it's hard. I don't know how to deal with it and I'm scared. Just wanted to let so many of you know why I don't answer my phone/emails and have flaked so much. There is no reason for this depression but it doesn't change how real it is.

My life is sort of falling apart because I feel so down and lost.

My mom is coming out to stay with me to help me out.

I am going to visit a doctor in September.

Hopefully, I'll be back to myself in the near future, please bare with me.

Thanks for your support. I probably wont respond, I'm just not real up for talking. Wow, this is so unlike me to get this out in the open. But I think I might as well give the people I love the truth. And I hate hurting my dearest friends by not being there for them (please please forgive me).

16 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, this is not like you at all and so I can imagine how much you must be struggling with it. I have struggled with depression and anxiety on and off, mostly when my life is going through big change (new baby, new house, etc.). So while I won't go as far to say "I know how you feel" I will say that I can relate in some small way to what you might be dealing with.

    One thing I have learned through my struggles is that no matter how low it gets for you, your Heavenly Father is always there. If you continue to have faith, as I know you do, He will bless you. He will guide you to the right doctors who will figure out what's going on and be able to help you, and He will comfort you along the way.

    I know we haven't seen each other since our wonderful church history trip, but I am only a few cities away and am happy to help if you ever need anything. Oh, and I should also say for my mom that she loves you and treasures the time you two spent together on the trip. She really bonded with you and thinks the world of you. I know she would want me to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you are entitled to a little bit of "down time" now and then... I think you are tops. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my last comment sounds crazy. What I mean to say is -- you are such an upbeat person by nature, and I am sure you will be back to normal soon!!! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie you are in my prayers! I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling and feeling down. Just remember it's not your fault and there's nothing to be ashamed of in admitting it and going to get help. I think you're so brave and hope the best for you!! All your readers love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    I know you already know I'm struggling with the same thing, having no reason to be down but being down. Its awful! I really hope you start feeling better soon! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie, I am so sorry to hear this, that is so so hard. I wish I could see you right now and give you a great big hug. You are the sweetest. I hope your spirits are lifted soon.

    (I was a little surprised too, since you are the most amazing person, but it's just a good reminder that one should never be quick to judge, even those whom you think are doing fine. Thank you for that.)

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,

    I've never met you, but I stumbled upon your blog through a mutual friend. I am so sorry that you are dealing with depression. As someone who has watched my mother struggle with it for years, I know how heartbreaking it can be. Keep marching on and know that our God is watching over you and even if it seems that he has left, he is still there. I'll be praying for you.

    Jamie Evans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie,
    I'm sor sorry. I had no idea! You seemed so up beat and happy the last time I saw you. I know you said you might not feel like calling people, but know I am always here. Give me a call anytime and if you need anything I'm right here, let me help in anyway I can. Your such an amazing friend always coming to the aid of everybody else, and I'm so happy that I get to call you my friend. Know that you have many many people who love and care about you.
    Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, I don't know you but I feel like I do from reading your blog and I look up to you so much! You are such a great example and everyone has hard times in life when they aren't feeling like themselves. Hang in there! You are so great and you'll come out on the other side eventually, there is nothing wrong with taking time out for yourself. I'll be praying for you and I can"t wait until your back to blogging on your inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly, the more time I spend as a grown up woman, the more convinced I am that depression and anxiety are the plague to women of our generation. You are at least in good company, this is a struggle that the best of us are in.
    September is a long time to wait. Maybe talk to your bishop about getting an appointment with LDS social services ASAP??? I know it can be hard to think clearly when you feel like you are in a "fog."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie,
    Hey girlfriend. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I was thinking about you. Depression is such a real and hard thing. I struggle/d with it severely after I had Bentley. I am expecting again in January and the aftermath of pregnancy scares me so much. I am here for you if you ever need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to write and say I LOVE YOU!! You are truely a life long best friend!! I wish I was there to cheer you up or watch your kids or make you cookies!! Cookies always make me happy :) Your blog is the 1st I always read b/c you are such an inspirational mother and person. I'll pray you get the help you need!! Love you tons turkey buns!! Call anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles. It must be very difficult. You are such an optimist that I'm sure it's been very confusing and frustrating to feel so low. I'm so glad your mom will be around and I hope the dr.'s can help you effectively and quickly! You are such a great example of a wonderful mother and wife. We wish you the best. We're back in the state now and would love to get together in the next few months if you feel up to it. I'm sure the little girls would love to play together - and maybe even the boys! It'd be great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so brave to be open. It is very easy to feel ashamed of being depressed. A few years ago I went through a short (thank goodness) episode of depression. In those months I would read Elder Worthlin's talk titled "Sunday will come". In my worst moments I just kept telling myself that Sunday would come. It is very hard to be a mom and feel down. Everyone depends upon you and it can feel very overwhelming. I am sure that you will pull through. One day at a time it will get better. Good Luck. We love you

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear sister, you are an inspiration. Even in your struggles you are an inspiration to many. I loved the comments and all the love that is shared, by so many, for you!!! You are a wonderful wonderful person. I believe whatever your cross is bear we all wonder why us? Just from reading all the comments you can see your not alone and things will get better. Our Heavenly Father is PRESENT Julie and he has not forsaken you. Stay strong and know you will survive this. We are all praying for you and thank goodness for professionals, faith, family and friends...

    ReplyDelete

comments