I don't have any pictures, but one of our favorite things to do lately is to ride bikes together. With Reagan having a big girl bike now, she is super fast and able, meaning we can ride bikes together and it is really, really fun. My friend let me borrow her bike trailer but I decided it was so much more fun for Reagan to just ride her own and I just put Lincoln in my hiking backpack with a helmet. It works great! We go on bike rides almost everyday (thank you beautiful fall weather!)
Reagan loves friends so we usually invite a neighborhood friend to come along. We make our rounds: The Lion Place (a lion statue at the gate of our community), to see the dead snake and mouse (simultaneously cool, thrilling, and scary for kids), and exploring the unfinished framed house in our neighborhood. Reagan walks around the house saying, "This is my bedroom, this'll be the bathroom, the laundry, the playroom. This is the pantry, and the frigidor (refrigerator)." And dramatically pointing to different sections of the room, "This is the couch and this'll be the TB" (tv). Of course we have to check out the dead mouse in the basement and pretend to see a spider in the window. I guess her and grandma actually saw one there once, so for now on she tells me it's there, "You see it, mom? You see it?" "No." "Oh, maybe it went to get some food."
I love these days. I have just as much fun as the kids. I truly love riding bikes. As adults we don't just aimlessly ride bikes around the neighborhood. But having kids allows you to indulge in all those wonderful childhood joys.
I am loving being a mom. I love the stage my kids are at. With Reagan talking so much I get to see into her mind, and understand all the things she is thinking. I love it. This is me.
I am imagining I am on my bike with you two. I love love love riding bikes. My favorite is just cruising - like you guys. Hope the fall weather stays great! Love you!
ReplyDeletep.s. I love how you put Reagan's quotes on the side. They are so stinking cute!!!
ReplyDelete