Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nitro Circus!!!!

This was so SICK!

Going to Nitro Circus' private show for APX Alarm was perhaps the funnest night Will and I have ever had! Nitro Circus performs around the world, has a show on MTV and rocks the X Games. We don't even work for APX but I LOVE them and I love our friends the Priday's who continue to HOOK us UP!

The riders skydived in! They seriously are nuts! Funny, I actually think I would really enjoy this kind of stuff. I love extreme sports.

We got there way early to ensure good seats. There were hundreds of people standing in the isle and around the barricade outside. In my opinion we had the best seats in the house. For those seats we arrived an hour and a half early. No worries, the entire adjacent field was filled with free food. Yeah! J-dawgs!!!! Popcorn, CANDY, drinks. I filled my coat pockets with candy, then would go back to my seat and empty it into my purse, and repeat:) It was so sweet! What also made it fun was is we were surrounded by a group of really funny guys. They all went to high school together in Logan. Because I moved away from Va where I grew up and went to college in Utah, I find it really weird when people still hang out with all their high school friends. (don't get me wrong I love seeing my girls) But these guys were like, "yeah all the cool people are here," I was like, "wow, still riding your reputation from hs, cool!" lol. But I'm not going to lie, they were pretty fun. They thought I was hilarious with my sly candy obtaining. And probably the most thrilling part of the night was wrestling girls to get the free t-shirts they were throwing out. I had to full-on shove a girl and grabbed 3 shirts!!! It was seriously so funny. The shirts are awesome:
I got one for Will too! I was a pro, running through the crowd, putting on my charm and getting a shirt! Since these shirts were priced at $21.99, we're talking $88 worth of merchandise. I was pretty stoked.

After the show we got to go down and meet the riders. Here I am on one of their bikes!
Will even got Travis Pastrana's autograph on his Nitro shirt!

Okay, maybe what topped it all was this. While we on the course mingling with the riders, The Jazz Bear pulls up in his 4-wheeler. Without thinking I say, "Can I get in?" He waves his arm and motions me to get in!!! I got up close and personal with the entire course! We probably went around at least 10 times! We would get so much air I was flying out of my seat! This is my type of sport!So you can get a feel of the action:

4 comments:

  1. Julie, this post is so fun to read! Did you feel like you were back on the slopes with the Velvet Crew?! You were crazy back then - dropping in the back country, and all that stuff. I am sure this was a breath of fresh "crazy" air. It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I am so happy to hear you got a little crazy! I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.

    I also love this post and the one about the Governor's gala being back to back. Juxtaposition much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison- his alley, my alley, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie-- those guys live right by me! Come up and see me and we can walk to a place where they practice all the time.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

comments