It was an absolute ADVENTURE!!! Watching the planes, and luggage cars, and hustle and bustle out on the ground from the glass windows of the airport captures the complete attention of these kids. Riding the train, with it's frequent stops, and speedy take offs, was Reagan's favorite part. She kept saying, "We'll have to tell daddy about this!" Staring at the absurd number of people, taking everything new in. Boarding a PLANE, taking off, landing is out of this world. I love being a mother to these little minds. EVERYTHING is something to be learned. Having them around makes everything interesting: water fountains, wheel chairs, security. You can have riveting conversations like, "Feel this carpet, this wall is made of carpet, isn't that amazing!" lol
And can I mention the people. There are a few angel people (that I make a pledge to be like when I'm older) who take you under their wing and a sheer godsend to people with kids. Like the lady who sat next to us on the way home (when my kids were a complete disaster from a long exhausting trip) who was soooooooo unbelievably kind, understanding, and helpful. And these pilots who gave Reagan and Lincoln an up close and personal tour!


The first day of travel the kids were angels! It boils down to they were rested. Being exhausted from a long trip on the way home....well made it everything you would imagine traveling with two kids would be. But through all the delays, cancellations, leaving a grip of stuff behind at Ashlee's house, and tired kids, it was all worth it. And I was so happy to see these friends who I love so much I was able to keep a positive attitude through it all because I was so happy to be there and happy to be doing it.Thank you Will for driving us to Denver, paying for us to fly out, and making this trip happen. Love you babe!
How on earth did you get the pilots to do that for you?? That's AWESOME!! I need some tips from you on how to be more assertive like that...
ReplyDelete