Reagan loves to mother. Here she is tucking Lincoln in, after "reading" that stack of books to him. Each day for Lincoln's nap, I will place him in his crib then Reagan will read him "lots of books," say good night and shuts the door.When we have babies over, she loves to hold them and take care of their every need.
Reagan LOVES routine. She will outline the night for me, "first I brush my teeth, then get in my jammies, you roll my turtle blanket, tuck me, and say good night, kay mom." She loves to plan and prepare for things. Like here is the night before church (done without my help):
She has laid out every article of clothing her and Lincoln will need for church! She is so through. Her thinking ahead abilities amaze me. She LOVES packing! Packing for little outings (snacks, diapers, toys, etc.), or for big trips.Reagan has a sense of direction. (something I DO NOT have!) If I take a different route somewhere she'll immediately be like, "where are we going?" When on our way home from Jumping Jacks, Reagan told me that dad, who has only taken her there once, goes this way, pointing to a different direction that I was about to turn. Knowing her, I totally trusted her (getting directions from a 3 year old, crazy!). I said, "OK" whipped the car around and followed her instructions, turned out to be a WAY faster back route! She'll constantly be pointing out landmarks as we drive, people's neighborhoods, the gym, the library, etc. Will and I joked a while ago that if we dropped her off at the church she could find her way home. Reagan, who we didn't think was listening, frightfully told us, "I don't want to get left at the church!" lol
I love the way she talks and I don't want to forget the cute way she says certain words. Like ax-she (actually), adorwise (otherwise), Chrismaf (Christmas). She doesn't say her r's, l's, v's or th's and substitutes different sounds depending on the word.
She loves to play house and she comes up with the craziest names for her babies. They sound really black like Nekqua! And one baby doll is named Neets. She kept calling a baby Neega until I forced her to stop before she said it in public and sounded really bad! I tried to get her to settle on a normal name like Sophie but it hasn't stuck!
Two of Lincoln's favorite things right now: cleaning and making messes IRONIC!
doing dishes
Pulled out everything from the plastic drawers in my closet! Thanks! (I remember Reagan doing the exact same thing and making a big huge pile of it on the living room floor)
doing dishesPulled out everything from the plastic drawers in my closet! Thanks! (I remember Reagan doing the exact same thing and making a big huge pile of it on the living room floor)

But really, Lincoln loves to clean. If I start the dishes while he's eating, he immediately wants out stretching his arms toward the sink! He runs everything under the water and then stacks it on the counter. He LOVES to WIPE!!! He will take a rag and wipe everything down. Both him and Reagan LOVE the laundry. They get their stools, pour in the detergent, and one by one place the items in. So fun.
He loves to play! To run away from you, to tackle and wrestle. He does this thing where he will "hide" sort of the way an thinks it's ostrich "hiding". He'll lay on the ground, stick his arms under he body and tuck his head. He'll peek out at you and go straight back and laugh and laugh and laugh.
He loves to play! To run away from you, to tackle and wrestle. He does this thing where he will "hide" sort of the way an thinks it's ostrich "hiding". He'll lay on the ground, stick his arms under he body and tuck his head. He'll peek out at you and go straight back and laugh and laugh and laugh.
That crib picture is just so darling I had to leave a comment! And I had to laugh about Reagan having an awesome sense of direction. What a useful girl to have around!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. It's just so cute! Reagan seems to be getting so big. I can't believe how organized she is! All those church clothes set out is so cute! :)
ReplyDeletegreat post julie! i loved reading all the hilarious things reagan does, she sounds like such a hoot!! her sense of direction was especially funny to read about, she would do better than me that is for sure! and calling the baby "neega" haha oh my that is too funny!! i understand you wanting to change that name! haha. it's great you're writing all this down! she'll love reading it one day.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute. Your kids are adorable. I wish we were closer and our kids could grow up together. We miss you guys.
ReplyDelete