I've been wanting to record some of the cute things they've been doing lately, so if you're up for reading journal like material trudge on :)
I always thought you had to be an older brother to play the role of "protective brother," I have recently discovered this is so not true!! Lincoln is mister protective of his Reagan and I find it so endearing!
Lincoln is a little dancer! He has this fluid smooth way of moving his body, it is the cutest thing. When he gets excited he does a little trot.
I can now say he is trying to talk. He often points around our family naming us one by one, "Mama," "Gaga" (Reagan), "Dada." He loves to pat us while saying our name and then show us something of interest, like look at what I'm looking at.
- If Reagan is crying he will try to find a way to comfort her: he'll go and fetch her blanket and run to hand it to her or gently pat her hair.
- If he thinks a kid is hurting or upsetting Reagan he goes for them! Usually grabbing them by the shirt with two hands, scaring the living daylights out of them. If someone has a toy Reagan wants he grabs it away and gives it to his sister. These are mean and I run to protect his victims but his protective instinct makes me laugh. Even to me he has retaliated when I have been stern with Reagan or grabbed her, he has come up and hit me!
- I had set out a yogurt on the table for him to eat (Reagan had already had one during his nap) and he would not sit at the table, he kept going for the fridge wanting another one! I was losing my patience, until I discovered what his true intentions were. When he got his hands on a new yogurt, he went to the drawer to grab a spoon and walked over to Reagan, set them down, and then happily went to the table to eat his own! He didn't want to eat something yummy without Reagan having one.
Lincoln is a little dancer! He has this fluid smooth way of moving his body, it is the cutest thing. When he gets excited he does a little trot.
I can now say he is trying to talk. He often points around our family naming us one by one, "Mama," "Gaga" (Reagan), "Dada." He loves to pat us while saying our name and then show us something of interest, like look at what I'm looking at.
Reagan
Miss Social Butterfly
Miss Social Butterfly
Reagan LOVES having people over or going to people's houses. She is always asking if we can have people for dinner or go somewhere for dinner. She loves when family stays. We recently saw Uncle John but he was heading back up to Idaho that night. She put her little hand on his cheek and asked, "Are you going to sleep in my big bed last night" (she doesn't get the whole "tonight" thing and when guests come we give them Reagan's bed).She likes to DO things. She'll often ask me, "Where are we going today mom? What are we doing today?" Well....same old thing Reagan, sticking around the house. She is so ready for school!
She is a FUN person, a lot like her dad.
Parenting her has been soooooooo much easier as she has gotten older. We can talk things through and she can be prepared for stuff. Take babysitters for example. We can talk about it earlier in the week, I can ask her who she would like to have babysit her. She is prepared and ready for the babysitter when they come. She used to be the child who would cry the entire time we were gone, she's stubborn like that! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment
comments