Saturday, May 14, 2011

Children's Garden

It's lovely being the only one posed, isn't it?

The Children's Garden at Thanksgiving Point is super fun. I would recommend either going with someone who has a season pass to TP, (their guests receive 50% off admission) or attending in August when they have their $2 Tuesdays, because seriously, TP is getting waaaay too expensive for my liking. Hello, $33 Seven's Peaks/Trafalga pass, I'll stick with you) But...this exploratory garden is really cool. And so developmentally appropriate for kids.

Next time I go I think I'll plan on bringing a book and just letting my kids play. We went with another family, meaning dads were along for the adventure, and we sort of just wanted to go from one thing onto the next. I think it'd be worth it to just set the kids down and let them go at it until they're done. Things like placing brightly colored floating objects at the top of a fast moving stream and watching them glide down to the small pool area, digging in the sand, stacking objects, climbing through tunnels, making music, splashing on Noah's arc etc.

Throughout the walk I had my camera placed at the top of my stroller for easy access. When we got to the car, it wasn't there!!!! "Do you have my camera," I immediately asked Will.
"No."
Panic set in.
"Stupid, stupid, I can't believe I left it so out in the open.," Thoughts RACING. "Someone just picked it right up. I'm not going to be able to get it back. $200."
Rummaging over and over through my bag hoping to find it in one of those over sized pockets that Graham crackers and such things love to hide in and then I look up to see Will, with the BIGGEST grin on his face, snapping my picture:
RELIEF!!! After the several punches I inflicted on Will, I could NOT stop laughing! The sheer fear and disappointment on my face, classic!!!! Lesson well learned Will ;) You are too funny!

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny!! What a priceless picture! BTW i have the 7 peaks pass now so i am expecting to see lots of you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up about the Children's Garden, I didn't even know it existed! Looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley - we have a pass, too - and I know that the Mollers do. All of us (and anyone else who has one) should plan a regular outing throughout the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Julie Anne - I would have killed him!

    ReplyDelete

comments