Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Colorado

The first weekend in August we spent in CO. It was a whirlwind trip. I told Will if we all go out, it needs to be a long weekend, it is too much to get there and then feel like you turn around and go straight back. Fortunately the kids did great in the car.

Will actually does quite a lot of business in CO so when we go he works Friday there. When Reagan asked why we couldn't stay longer I said, "Cause daddy needs to get back to work." "But he works here too," she answered. Good point! She is too smart for me.

While Will's at work I spend the day with Grammy and Mary, it is so fun! Mary brings both her kids over and we chill all day. It's great.

Pool in the front yard (sorry, I was unprepared without bathing suits), still had fun :) Lincoln, Reagan, and Wyatt
Mary, Wyatt, and Grammy with baby Moriah
Mary was making a cake for her father-in-law's birthday. Reagan was delighted she got to help. Lincoln LOVED the batter.
John and Cassandra were between semesters at BYU Idaho so they were home the same weekend, it was great. They even got to spend one night with us at our house to break up the drive on their to CO, we loved it.
They are both such good a Aunt and Uncle. They love spending time with the kids. Before I had kids I never really paid attention to kids, they are so not like that, they love being involved, it is so nice.
Moriah fell asleep on me, it made my day.
The reason we planned this trip was for Will's 10 year high school reunion. So Friday night we headed off to attend the reunion, very fun.

Reagan and Rachel, too busy to get a clear picture! They were dancing and skipping around the kitchen. At least I got some video :)
Saturday we attended the reunion picnic, one word: hot! That night Will went to a Rockies game with his mom and Dennis and I took the kids swimming.

After church on Sunday, we headed home. Two handsome boys: Lincoln and Opa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments