Monday, August 22, 2011

Milestones of a 4 year old

No pictures were taken at these events but I wanted to record them.

Julie MacFarlane invited the kids and I to go swimming with her while our husbands were out for a work event. I have talked about her pool before, how I love it because it's a traditional pool and has diving boards, when seriously NO pools have diving boards anymore, what is up with that? Someday I'll have a pool with a diving board, dang it. Anyway... BOTH of my kids jumped off the diving board! I was so proud and so excited. I have found no greater joy than seeing the kids learn something new. I didn't realize what happiness would come with your kids' happiness, in a way, I think it's greater than their own. We had gone to their pool on the 4th of July and although there were many attempts, there was no actual jumping. Reagan has been talking about it ever since, talkin' big, how she's ready to jump off the diving board, so the pressure was on. I loved this pool because they let you catch them (sometimes pools don't allow anyone in the deep end when someone is jumping off) . After a few trials of jumping into my arms Reagan was ready to do it alone. She would jump off then swim (with the aid of her life-jacket) to the edge of the pool, jump off and swim, again and again, it was awesome.

After all this hustle and bustle Lincoln was ready to try. I could.not.believe it when he walked to the edge, looking quite scared, but without hesitation
jumped right into my arms! He wanted to do it again and again and again! Finally, I had to stop him. I was so out of breath treading water in the deep end, catching him and swimming him to the ladder. But oh was it FUN!!!

It was an evening to remember. Thanks MacFarlanes!!! We always have a great time.

Then, I had gone up to Melanie's house to make laundry soap. While playing outside, Reagan picked up Sadie's bike which was a two wheeler. I didn't say anything about it, I
just held the back of the seat and started assisting her. She happily yelled, "Let go!" and away she went! And that was that! What?! She did it again and again riding into the grass, dismounting and coming back to me to help her on. We straight away took her own training wheels off when we got and she was riding around the neighborhood that evening, crazy! You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments