Sunday, September 18, 2011

Preschool

Reagan started Preschool! She LOVES it. She was sooo ready.
Pictures from the first day of school.
Lincoln wanted to be in every one. And it was super windy! That's Spanish Fork for ya.
Reagan really wanted Daddy to take her to school on the first day, so Will stayed home from work until it was time for her to go. At first I was like, "uh, I want to do it!" but it was so cute, and I get every other day (so glad to be a mom :) ) so dad took her to school and walked her in on the first day, what a dad!
Pictures were a little rocky on the first day so I took some more on the second. Or an excuse for more pictures, you decide. :)
With a mom like me, good thing this girl likes her picture taken! Look at her work it! lol
Reagan is loving Preschool in every way. She is constantly asking me if it's preschool day (she goes on Tues/Thurs mornings). I think it is so great for her to have a thing on her own. And it has been great for me! It's amazing what 2 hours of quieter time, a couple times a week can do for ya! Lincoln (besides the fact that he misses her desperately, you should have seen him that first day she left. He cried for Gaga for almost a half hour!) is really quite easy. I try to imagine how easy one baby would have been had he been my first. He is so happy playing next to me while I do my thing. I can clean and organize and he is there by my side as a companion, perfectly content. I love having this one on one time with him (sadly it will only last another week before the baby comes!).

Having this routine with Reagan I have been able to get more done and feel way more on top of things. I thrive on routine, and it is often hard to achieve with little ones. Now that we have a little structure of scheduled activities it makes it easier. I love that when Reagan gets home we sit right down for lunch. She eats so much better having not been snacking for the hours previously. I swear all Reagan wants to do all day long is snack. The words, "I'm hungry," out of her mouth may be one of my biggest pet peeves.

Reagan's preschool is super close, less than five minutes away. And I can carpool with a friend in the neighborhood. Reagan's preschool is pretty low key, it's in a lady's basement and is very reasonably priced. I am very happy with it, I feel it's a perfect introduction to school this first year.

The other thing Reagan has started, my how she is growing up, is dance. She loves it! She's in a class with her friend Maddie, which makes it nice because again I can carpool. Her class is called KinderDance and it is a perfect mix of things. I especially like the end where they work on gymnastic skills. And I love her teacher, Miss Emily.
Couldn't be happier with where Reagan is at. She sure is having fun!

1 comment:

  1. SO nice when you can start to have a routine and the kids can look forward to certain events. I can't wait to hear that you had your baby...keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete

comments