Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stake Conference

Last night was Stake Conference. Will and I went. The Adult Session's favorite session, I actually get to listen!

Thinking it started at 6, I sent Will over to get seats at 5:30 (it's the front row student in me). Turns out it was 7, lol.

Yet, it was AWESOME. We had an hour. An hour of quiet. An hour to talk! I say we "schedule" more hours to just be, nothing planned!

We got to take Kinley. I love being with her. I love having one on one time with this special girl. I love holding her, touching her soft cheeks with my lips, rubbing her gentle back with my hand, feeling the weight of her petite body against mine, and the presence of her enormous spirit. McKinley Grace is simply happy and content. She'll lay on me completely and utterly relaxed, looking into my eyes and smiling. McKinley has a very knowing look. McKinley is aware. She does knows. I know that. People around her know that. It's an honor to call her mine.

Half way through the meeting I go to the mother's lounge. An hour later I return.

I feel asleep, LOL. So me! So much for getting to listen, dang it!

As the meeting prepared to come to a close Will started wondering, um do I go get her? I wish he had, lol, Will walking into the women's bathroom, love the image. Alas, I woke up, "Oops, I better get back in there!" Made it for the closing song. Seriously, I'm a riot.

Will took good notes. We got to discuss. President Hiskey's talk was comparing golf to life, oh course Will liked it!

He said it's easy to get stuck looking at problems in the rough instead of seeing the beautiful fairway in front of them.

Be careful of what voices you are listening to inside your head. My counselor and
Dr have helped with this one, "Get out! SHUT UP!" You tell those thoughts where to go, dang it! We do not have room for negativity, we don't have time for despair, we are too good to attack our own selves, we become our worst enemy. Replace those thoughts! And do it IMMEDIATELY.

I LOVED the talks I did hear. A couple spoke. When Will and I saw the gorgeous couple on the stand and realized who they were, a father and mother who lost their beautiful young daughter 5 short months ago, I almost didn't want to hear it, too hard, too sad.

They spoke, it was beautiful. The heavens are CLOSE. The wife told of how she "feels" the things her daughter would want her to know. I could relate to this. I have never actually heard voices, but I feel things so clearly, I might as well. I FEEL the words my Father is comforting me with. I FEEL people that are close to me beyond the veil.

I have a sister who died before I was born. Dana. I never knew her here, but I knew her there. And I know her now. I know what she looks like, I know that she is SPUNKY. I know that people are the same people when they die. They have the same mannerisms, habits, personalities. I tend to think of angels as boring, quiet, glowing people dressed in white. No. They're like us, people! With their same personality. And I like my Dana, she is cool. She loves me, she is my sister.

That's very personal. The Rikers were vulnerable talking about their Essa Matisse and it blessed my life. The heavens are so close. So close. Let's remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments