Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm back...hopefully to stay

It's been so long I don't even remember how to blog! But I really want to get back into this. It's something that brought me a lot of joy and a sense of pride. I miss saving and recording so much of what is going on in our life.


Here's a recap of the last 8 months:
-Dealt with postpartum depression
-Got on Prozac which caused major mania - guess what, I have Bi-polar! I had NO idea!
-Mania became so bad, crazy, psychotic that I had to be hospitalized in Colorado
 -Returned home in June
-Been recovering ever since

I didn't realized it would take so long to heal. Not just dealing with the Bi-polar ups and downs but emotionally. It was so traumatic for me and my entire family it was like our world turned upside down.

I feel like I've been and am still trying to learn how to do life again. Like I didn't know who I was, I didn't remember what I did day to day. I used to be pretty busy, now I'm like, "Um, what do I do all day?" I'm bored and lonely. Life day to day is fine. I feel like the depression lingers. I'm not totally down and out but I feel kind of flat line most of the time. I don't think it helps that it's winter and we can't get out much. Each month I go to my psychiatrist and we sort of tweak my medication to try and get it just right.... But I take part in it too. I need to do my part to be and feel happy. Working out is a major part of that.

I feel like our family is doing great. Our kids are doing really well. Will is happy working hard for our family at work and getting back on track there after an emotionally straining year. We are super happy with each other and our sweet little family.

The latest news is that the nanny we had when we returned home is no longer with us. Her name is Emma and she was great. When I first returned we really needed her. As of late, I began feeling like I was ready to be on my own and that it wasn't really a need anymore. I tossed that around in my head for a while but not wanting to put her out since she has been so great and she's going to law school in the fall. I didn't want her to be out of a job. I thought about it a lot and prayed about it a lot too. Will and I finally decided we would let her know that we wanted to start phasing her out. I thought it is so much better to be honest with her than feel one way and never tell her. That week we were going to talk with her, Will got a text that she wanted to meet with him at his office. She came in and said that her law school advisers thought it was important to have some sort of experience in an attorney's office before going to school. She put in her two weeks notice.

 I really felt like it was such a blessing. I cared about Emma and she cared about us, both not wanting to hurt the other, and Heavenly Father cared about us both. The timing was so perfect. It gave me the peace that this really was right and a really good step for me. I want to be on my own, I want to pick up the responsibility. And it gave me the sweet assurance that my Heavenly Father cares deeply about me even in the seemingly small things. I feel that He is aware of me and where I'm at and although progress has been slow, I feel okay about it, content and patient. I feel hope that each day I can get better. I feel hope that I can still learn and grow and become better as a mom and taking care of the home. And I feel hope that there are many bright and HAPPY days ahead of me.

 So there is a recap. Hopefully I will start taking pictures again and posting everyday life again. Thanks for reading :)

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back! Sad to hear you've had a rough year. Look forward to catching up on blog & anticipate you finding the joy of getting back into things :) Have a great day! Your family is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. I can't believe how you're kids have grown! Just so you know, I've been thinking of you and wish the best for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Julie! I can only imagine all of the pain and confusion you've gone through, but I'm so proud of you for getting help to get back on track. You're awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie: I love and miss you! It is so good to hear from you. You are so amazing to recognize the tender mercies all around you. You inspire me to be better. I can't wait to hear more from you and your cute little family.
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I am so glad you are back to blogging! Since I have started back up, I feel like it is something else that gives me purpose that I enjoy. I think you have made such great progress and you should definitely be proud of yourself. Now I am going to catch up on your other blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see these posts again! Your kids are adorable--I can't believe how much Lincoln looks just like Will. Hoping for your continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping you'd be back!!! I am still wishing that I lived next to you, and so I am obviously in love with your blog. I am so proud of you for getting help. I am sure that it has been so hard. I wish I could be there. Good luck with everything. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie you are amazing! I'm so glad you guys are doing well and I'm glad you are blogging again. I'm attempting to blog again too, I love having that sort of a journal for my family. I can't wait to read more of your blog posts! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you, Julie Anne! Glad you're back to posting since you love to do it, and I always love to read it. You are incredible! I must say that the efforts I see you making to break out of the boredom/lonely/down place are inspiring. That lunch group is such a fun idea. I wish I could come more often (but I guess it's good when I go to work). If you need anything, I'm here!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie Anne- I was so happy to read this. You've been through so much...I'm proud of you for facing this and for talking about it! I miss seeing you:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie Anne- I was so happy to read this. You've been through so much...I'm proud of you for facing this and for talking about it! I miss seeing you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie Anne- I was so happy to read this. You've been through so much...I'm proud of you for facing this and for talking about it! I miss seeing you:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wahoo! Glad you are back so I can read about your sweet family. I loved catching up with you the other day. Keep up the good work with the updates. FYI I use different apps on my phone to get my pictures looking like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I have thought about you CONSTANTLY the whole time you've been MIA from blogging! SO glad you are back, and so sorry for the craziness you have been going through! We love your family and I am so happy you are writing again. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary it means so much that you would think of me so much, really that touched my heart. I had so many people tell me how they prayed for me morning and night and it brought me to tears. To have love and support and thoughts from so many people is just amazing. Thank you for being part of that.

      Delete
  15. Glad you are back!! Your kids are soooo cute and getting so big. We need to meet up:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, thank you for sharing. I am so happy to hear about how you are doing. I just love you. We are in Utah for a little while before a big move and would love to come and see you. I will try and give you a call or send an email next week to get in touch. Can't believe how big McKinley is, Lincoln is all boy and WOW Reagan is such a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate it is so good to hear from you! I would LOVE to see you and would mean so much you would fit us in when so much is on your plate. Let us know and we'll be there in a heart beat.

      Delete

comments