Saturday, March 2, 2013

Stuff

 Reagan's mismatch day for spirit week.

 McKinley is so serious. She will just look at you and stare. My girlfriend said to me the other day, "I just wonder what she is thinking." I laughed pretty hard, it is so true.
 She laughs and plays hard too, but for the most part her demeanor is serious. Her favorite is being chased and peek-a-boo/hiding. 

 Lincoln is my wild child.
Here he is jumping on the little trampoline.
 He has so much energy and is so tough and strong. He can run through the house and topple, mess, destroy it in a blink of an eye. We'll be walking in a store and he'll randomly hit people as we walk by!! What?! And he can be such a bully when other friends are over, darn it. We are really working on this.

Yet he is my most affectionate child. He loves cuddling, hugging and kissing. At church as we sat in our pew, Lincoln gazed up at Bishop and slowly told me, "Monie (that's what he calls me, he is still working on his speech), I love Bishop. I feel like I want to kiss Bishop." So after sacrament, we walked onto the stand and Lincoln gave Bishop Buckley a kiss on the cheek. Our bishop loves kids and I think every kid in the ward feels like he is their grandpa.

 Story Time at the Library is something we love to do. But since dealing with naps, kindergarten, and preschool schedules we rarely get a chance to go anymore.

When we first started going to story time Reagan and Lincoln were quite little. It was so weird to me to realize Reagan is now one of the "big kids" there. She is such a little mommy (I often have to remind her that I am the mom. She'll stand right next to me when I'm disciplining Lincoln and say the exact same type of stuff I am saying to him) Anyway, can you see Reagan holding McKinley. Even when McKinley was a newborn Reagan was obsessed with holding McKinley. 

Reagan is learning to write and it is so fun. She has discovered the world of texting, emailing, and sending letters to family and friends.

She has started this new thing where she will write us letters. This one is hard to read but it's just one I took a picture of. I love seeing how she sounds words out because it makes me smile: fends (friends), gamu&gampo (grandma&grandpa) b/c phonically it makes sense :)
 She always says she is sorry and that she loves us in notes. It has really melted my heart because saying sorry is something that is usually really hard on Reagan. I used to think it was stubbornness/pride but I think it has more to do with embarrassment. It's interesting as Reagan gets older she can express more of her feelings and she often tells me things are embarrassing.

McKinley loves to play in the cupboards!
Ever since I stopped nursing McKinley (she was about 6 mo) she has had a terrible time with formula and food. We soon learned she is allergic to dairy so she naturally went onto soy formula. But she still threw up on a regular basis and always threw up when she had solids. LONG story short, she is allergic to both soy and dairy (and nuts), which is so sad because she was on it for so long. The good news is now she can eat almost anything now (except the allergy foods) and is doing much better!

5 comments:

  1. I loved this update!! It shows all the kids' personalities so well. Reagan just cracks me up. She is so awesome and going to be such a successful person in life. You are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! Just checked your blog for the first time in months!!! It is so good to see you back and to see updates of your DARLING, CUTE kiddos. Srsly-they are so so cute! I am so proud of you and for all you do. Thank you for your example of faith and your testimony through challenges. Love you and praying for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading the updates! Reagan is so tall... like a string bean! She is so gorgeous and looks so much like both of you. I'm glad you're doing better!! You are super Mom! Love ya tons and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are blogging again! I LOVE your family photo at the top! You are so cute and I am so happy to be friends with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that everyone is doing so well. I was just thinking about McKinley and her food issues the other day. I am so glad that you got them figured out!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

comments