Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's New....Will's Beard & Reagan's Smiles, Giggles, Toes, & Sleep






Surprisingly, I like it! Will originally decided to grow a bread to look older and therefore wiser at work. Somewhat to my disdain I would wake up each
morning to a scruffier and scruffier Will but then one morning when it had grown to maturity I was pleasantly surprised! I have to admit I think it looks handsome on him. It's a keeper for at least a little while.
Life with Reagan is getting so fun. Reagan has begun smiling spontaneously! People will just look at her and instantly she has the biggest smile on her face, it is so sweet. I think I'll nick name her "smiley." She has also begun to laugh. However this is something we really must work for, but oh how it is worth it! Another new discovery are her toes. She will grab her right foot and hold on to it for dear life!

Reagan is getting older so sleeping has become more regular. You'd think this would be easier for the mom but it's actually a little stressful. Reagan use to sleep wherever we would go. My errand day was the best day of the week because she would be totally zonked out. Now she has a very hard time falling and/or staying asleep when we are anywhere but home. For the past 3 months I have been on the go... hanging out with friends, roller-blading, hiking, running errands, bringing lunch to Will at work. Well, I have come to the conclusion that now it just really isn't worth it. When Reagan's happy, I'm happy. I am so surprised how stressful it can be when you are trying to go somewhere at a specific time and she is crying and hasn't slept, yikes! So I have come the conclusion that I am going to really try to stay home more and allow Reagan to get her regular naps. It is neat as a mom to grow, to learn, and to understand how to be a mom.

10 comments:

  1. Julie, I just love your little family - it's so fun to hear what you guys are up to. Those pictures of Reagan smiling are just SO fun! What a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable, she sounds like an easy baby, what a blessing. We can't wait to see you guys in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just so adorable! I can't wait to see more smiley pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reagan is so adorable! Kailee didn't start playing with her toes til almost 5 months; I think you're right... she's an advanced little girl! I know what you mean about naps; Kailee is the same way. It's so great having a baby on a schedule... I go run errands when she's awake (and I love taking her with me) and I get stuff done at home when she naps. I think baby sleep is so important! When babies get their sleep, they are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how much Reagan looks like you, Julie! You're so lucky! She'll be gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how your life starts to revolve around the schedule of your kids. Naptime is sacred, and you really do start to plan your day around it! That is good that she is getting on a sleep schedule, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie- you guys are so cute! You look so great! Man- I wish I was going to kick boxing! I am so glad we found each other's blogs. Reagan is so absolutely beautiful and those pictures of her smiling are to die for. I sure miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! And our blog is jakeandmegs.blogspot.com There's not much to see on there, but it'll grow with time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is BEAUTIFUL! Will on the other hand...just kidding!

    No really, I am dying that she is already grabbing her toes though. That's early! You are doing great. I love to have friends that are so dedicated to being wonderful moms. It is a sacrifice, but it sure is worth it!

    ReplyDelete

comments