Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bedridden

The most bizarre thing happened to me early Tuesday morning. I had just fed Reagan about 4 am and had put her back in her crib. As I came into the bedroom I bent down to pick up my phone and I felt a sharp pain in my back causing me to collapse onto the ground. I almost passed out because of the pain (although those of you who know me well, know it doesn't take too much pain for me to start to feel queasy). As I could feel myself going into shock I tried to lay down on the ground and breath deeply. As soon as I calmed down a bit I decided I would try to crawl into bed. Every movement you make seems to be linked to your center core(your back and abs), so no matter what I moved I felt immense pain. I started to cry when I couldn't pull myself back into bed so I woke up Will to help me. He went on Wikipedia (today's best doctor) and determined I must have strained a back muscle (due to all the carrying around of Reagan in her car seat etc. I'm really not surprised).
So, since yesterday morning I have been strapped to my bed. Will wanted to stay home yesterday but there wasn't really anything he could do, I just had to lay here and try to get better. He put everything I would need within reach: computer, books, journal, scriptures, food, water, wipes, diapers, crocheting, CD player, ibuprofen, and Reagan of course!!!
Reagan was such a doll yesterday. It was just me and her hanging out on the bed all day long. She just took her naps on the bed next to me, she didn't sleep well, but it had to do. I was in a lot of pain. Luckily, I had filled a prescription for Lortab for Will when he got his wisdom teeth out but he never took it- so I have been taking it!!! Yea for pain killers!!!! I couldn't even stand let alone walk. I had to crawl to the restroom, and getting back into bed was extremely hard.
Today I am feeling a little better. I can walk if I am really careful. I still am confined to the bed and will be until I am fully healed. Will went into work late today so he could help out. At least Reagan can nap in her crib today, sooooo much better!!!! So I'm on the up!
On the bright side. This experience has really made me so grateful for my health and my ability to do things. It has made me realize how fragile those things are and how careful we should be. It has also made me so grateful for people and the church. Bad things happen but Heavenly Father provides a way for us to get through them. I have felt such an outpouring of love. Yesterday the Relief Society President stopped by to make sure I was okay(Will had called her on his way to work). My visiting teachers called and one stopped by during the day and then brought dinner for us at night. Someone brought me lunch. And Rose came down twice to see if I was okay (when I told that to Will he commented, "My, how the tides have turned" very funny).

7 comments:

  1. Eeeyikes! That is no fun! I'm glad you're getting better. Its so true that we don't realize how blessed we are with our bodies until something goes defunct in them. I'm glad you had so many people to help you nearby! That's such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy (and Will's comment is hillarious)! I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you're amazing to handle it so well and still be able to take care of Raegan! You've always amazed me with your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh... Julie, are you okay?? That sounds awful. How long does it take to heal? That's funny that you and Reagan hung out on the bed all day; Kailee wouldn't stand for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. julie, i'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. that would definitely be a hard thing having a little baby to take care of as well as getting better yourself. sounds like you're loved up there in provo! i wish i were there, but i'd want to take reagan all day and babysit her! i don't know how much mommy would like that...well, love you julie! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is crazy. Are you better now??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe that, I wish I could have been there to help. I hope you are 100% again.

    ReplyDelete

comments