
I love decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas decorations, they really get you into the Christmas Spirit. Here we are in front of the Christmas tree (we typically only have Julie with Reagan or Will with Reagan pictures these days).
As you can see our tree is bare. I am procrastinating the day I will put on the ornaments. See, Will's mom has a tradition of giving each kid Christmas tree ornaments each year. Fittingly she gave Will a basketball player ornament each year. (A whopping totally of 24 action players) Well I didn't have this tradition and I have like 2 measley ornament to try to counteract his sport ones!!! He thinks our tree is the greatest thing ever, a shrine to his love of basketball, but I think it is so sad. How can I compete with years and years of ornaments and one that sings the ESPN song??? I have decided that some day when we more than 700 square feet to work with I will have a separate tree hidden away in his office, he can even put Carmelo Anthony as the star on top of the tree (last year he kept moving him to the top to try replace the angel)!!!

I love Christmas trees. I drove by a Christmas tree lot the other day and thought how far our society has moved, "Does anyone even buy real trees anymore? What a ludicrous idea!" But maybe I'm the crazy one, let me know what you think. Real trees just seem all together too much work!
I love our fake Christmas tree too - it's so nice to have it when I want it and no worries about watering, dropping needles, fire hazard, etc.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a huge hassle too, but I just LOVE the smell of fresh pine needles! I don't know if wymount allows real trees, but maybe a candle instead? I meann...a candle warmer.
ReplyDeleteSo is yours fake or real, i must have missed something when I read it. We bought a fake one at Walmart for $30 we are pretty proud. I will have to blog it. But I agree with Bethany, nothing like the smell of a christmas tree. We do have a christmas tree candle and I used to burn it in Wymount (whoops). But it is still not the same. But it does smell pretty dang good.
ReplyDeleteI'm all about the real! I can't wait till we can have one...I know they're a bit on the messy side, but nothing compares to the real smell and look! Maybe if I could afford a really nice-looking fake one, but the cheap ones just don't equate. And, having to spread out the branches...I'm not a fan of that! So itchy! So, yeah, I like the real!
ReplyDeleteI'm torn. I guess I will wait to comment when our tree stands taller than 2 feet...
ReplyDeleteI do miss my mom having a real tree though.