Friday, November 2, 2007

Triumphant!

"I have some really exciting news to share!!!!
See, I'm even clapping for joy, even though my face isn't emulating it!"

The point of this post to update everyone on Reagan's sleep habits. I feel I need to do this because I have been stressing and complaining to so many of you. Will commented to me last week, "Julie, I think 90% of what has come out of your mouth lately is about Reagan sleeping!" Well, I wanted to report that Reagan is doing great!
For two weeks I was going out of my mind because I was so exhausted. The only way I could put Reagan to sleep was to pace my house while simultaneously shaking her up and down. I felt like that was all I was doing all day long! If she would wake up I would be furious because I would have to start all over again. Well, last Tuesday I reached my wit's end. I had just enough frustration welled up inside me to let Reagan cry it out. (Something I could never bring myself to do b/c hearing her cry is like torture to me) I wrapped her up, stuck her pacie in, and put her in her crib while I went to take a shower. Thirty minutes later it was quite!!!! "That's it?" I thought, "It takes just that long for ME to put her to sleep." So I am happy to report that Reagan can put herself to sleep now. During the day she only cries for like 10 minutes, however at night it takes like 45 and I have been helping her a little. But life is sure a lot easier!!! I feel like I have energy again. And if she wakes up, no big deal, she'll go back to sleep.
I am still working on the nap schedule thing. Currently, I have decided I am not doing anything except for the absolute essentials during the day because I really want her to get the sleep she needs and get on a good routine. This is giving me a lot of quite time and I actually really enjoy it: reading, studying, sleeping :)

Reagan says, "Hugs to all!!" Thank you for the listening ears and for all of the advice you gave. I also want to thank the greatest book and recommend it to all moms: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth.

2 comments:

  1. YEA FOR MOMS WHO LET THERE BABIES CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew....i meant their, not there.

    ReplyDelete

comments