Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Apples

As soon as December hits my mom starts baking. She is a baking queen and she has the touch, something I obviously didn't inherit. She bakes and bakes until she has a platter of assorted cookies for probably everyone she's ever met! (The mail man, auto mechanic, you name!) Then she draws these detailed maps and has my dad deliver them, a process that stresses him out to no end. But I love this tradition. These cookies mean Christmas to me. I even had my mom mail some of them out to me, the brown sugar cookies with the jam in the middle, the gingerbread with the red fire candies for buttons, the German ones that nobody likes but she just has to make because they were her dad's favorite...oh I love these cookies.
I see her do this every year. It takes so much time but so much love and joy goes into it. Contemplating this tradition I decided I wanted to make my own tradition of Christmas goodies that I bring to the ones I love. What a sweet thing!
What to make...well probably my favorite dessert is caramel covered, white chocolate dipped apples. Every time my mom is in town we go to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and she buys me one (because, come on, would I really spend 7$ on an apple, I don't think so, but that's what moms are for. You should remember that Reagan) I thought that could be just the thing!
I got this recipe from my good friend Raylene and they turned out great. I had such a blast making them. I put on my Christmas music and went to town. Here are some pictures on my culinary masterpiece!



Then I placed them in plastic gift bags and tied them with beautiful Christmas ribbon. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

comments