So yet again, I'm tagged. (thanks to Alison) This one is pretty random but I was shocked at how telling it is. Pictures can really give you a window into someone's personality.
So here it is, 10 pictures taken RIGHT THEN as they are.
#1 My Sink
I'm not gonna to lie, I was pretty darn proud of myself when I walked right to my sink and could take this refreshingly clean picture. But honestly this is pretty typical, I hate dirty dishes, ewww! And thankfully since I'm a stay-at-home mom I have the time to get them done.I also LOVE this window. I look up at the mountain and down over Provo. I can see the beautiful buildings of BYU campus from my window. Now that the weather is nice I open it everyday and I feel like I'm outside. At night you can hear the sounds of night with the crickets chirping and I feel like I'm under the stars in my own house.
#2 My Fridge

#3 Favorite Shoes
okay, okay I took the word shoe(s) literally. But seriously I couldn't decide.
Funny Preface to these pictures. When Will and I got married I wore only 2 pairs of shoes. My doc's in the winter and my chacos in the summer. But then Will came along and strangely (but AWESOMELY!!!!) he likes buying me shoes! And let me tell you he's got talent! He picks them out totally by himself and gets my size and everything perfect. I frequently get complements on my shoes and I braggingly reply, "Oh thanks, my husband got them for me!" I love it!!!! Now, any outfit I pick out I honestly have the perfect shoes to go with them that actually accentuates the outfit (I used to not be able to wear outfits b/c I didn't have shoes that went with them). Very, very nice.
So here's the showcase:
Heels:
I love these red shoes. I was surprised when he got them for me for my birthday last year how red seems to "work" with everything!Boots:
Snow boots are a must in Utah. I now tromp proudly through the ever falling snow in the winter (or spring, and now SUMMER I might add) monthsClassic White, Classic Flat:
The shoes I picked out, hahahah:
My chaos are still beloved, my cycling shoes (if you haven't tried cycling, do it, it is the greatest work out ever, I LOVE IT!!!), hiking boots (traveled many, many miles), and my roller-blades (or as Shannon put it, we go stroller-blading, hahaha)#4 My Closet
I share with Reagan. I figure I would get the better end of the deal by sharing with Reagan than sharing with Will. Can you believe it, Will has more clothes than I do! hahah. Actually, just really nice suits that he likes to keep space between. But I am also the extreme opposite of a pack rat, if I don't wear it I give it away. Needless to say, we fit nicely.#5 Laundry Pile
I have to admit that I was again pleased when I came to my laundry pile to capture and show to the world (or the few people who read this blog), it was already sorted, stacked, and ready for Will to carry upstairs to the laundry room. (I'm not washing my running shoes, they just need to go up to the garage, into my car, and to the gym) 4 loads, a pretty standard week.#6 What the kids are doing right now
This was Reagan SUPPOSED to be going to sleep (obviously I was the only one who thought so). She is so dang cute!!!! She looks like she's modeling in this picture:) I think she's getting used to all my picture taking.On the not so cute side, I don't know if you can tell but her bedding is off. I have a heck of a time changing Reagan's diaper these days. She turns, crawls, stands, and twists so much I literally have to wrestle her down to get her diaper semi-on. See is so on the move! So, giving the challenge, I often don't get her diaper perfectly straight on. Unfortunately, last night was one of those nights and when I came into Reagan's room this morning there was poop all over the sheets and blankets. As a mom you sort of get used to poop and pee and because it comes from your darling child it almost doesn't phase you to come in contact with it. On the other hand,Will took off the bedding after this morning's accident and while dropping them into the laundry, turned to me and weakly said, "I almost threw up." Hahaha, I guess women are tougher than men!
Another saga, see that ugly blanket in the crib? It's a cause of great woe to me. Reagan has many darling blankets but she seems to have imprinted on this one!!! It's a Ninja Turtle sheet for goodness sakes! How did she come by it you might ask. Well, Reagan had the tendency to move so much she wouldn't go to sleep so I always swaddled her when she went down. Grow, as all children do, she soon got too big to be swaddled in her receiving blankets and her big fleece blanket got too hot so I resorted to a sheet that was large and thin, perfect to swaddle. These were Will's old sheets so I decided to use them for a while.
I always wondered how babies chose "their" blanket among the plethora of beautiful blankets they received. Well, I must have chose the imprinting stage because Reagan is now attached. She's long gone out of phase of swaddling but these teen aged mutant ninja turtles have remained. AHH, it's a source of great embarrassment when we go out.
#7 Favorite Room
This one was a toughy. I mean I love our cute, sweet, small apartment but it's not exactly the kind of thing you SHOW off. So when asked my favorite room I must pick this one because I do LOVE it! One of the perks of living here (there are many actually) but one of them is half the basement is unfinished and provides an endless amount of space for OUR storage. We have sooooo much stuff. When we lived in Wymount our entire second bedroom was devoted to storage. With boxes piled high and food storage there was no way that room could be salvaged into anything remotely cute. Now, small though our place is, it is clutter free, yoohoo!#8 My Toilet
Yes, that is our trash can on top of the toilet, Reagan finds going through the trash can an irresistible pleasure. And there is no more putting toilet paper on the roll, you've seen the picture capturing what Reagan likes to do with that right? But I do love that mirror, yard sale last summer: $2.50.#9 Fantasy Vacation
To be completely honest, now that I have a baby I would just plain prefer to stay home. I do LOVE visiting my family in California. And possibly my favorite vacations are going to a lake and boating.
But I'm at a short season in my life of having (speaking futuristically) small children and there will be other seasons to travel. Will and I dream of traveling the world together when we're retired. If he gets his way it will be on a cruise ship:)
# 10 Self Portrait
#11 Bonus: random favoritesfavorite thing to consume: cream- I LOVE cream!!! When I was little I would drink the little half and half plastic cups for coffee at restaurants. I could eat whipped cream plain and often do! I think cream with any fruit is my absolute favorite thing in the world
favorite store: Quilted Bear, I could walk around this store for hours just looking at all the fun things! If you haven't gone GO, you'll love it!
favorite TV show: American Idol in the fall/ So you think you can dance in the summer
I tag anyone who wants a reason to blog!

Fun! I miss you! :(
ReplyDeleteYou're right. Blog culture is real! What a fun post, though! Hooray for having a clean house. :)
ReplyDeleteFor sure the funniest one is the picture of the shoes you picked out yourself!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you did this so long ago and i'm just now checking it. Stupid bloglines, it's supposed to tell me when you post something new. Grrr..
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it's fantastic and I love it! And I really missed you at mom's tonight. Come play with us!
You are so organized! I love the pic. of Reagan in the crib. I miss our "hikes" in the canyon.
ReplyDeleteFun, I am a closet cream lover too!!! Reagan's picture is adorable and I love that your house is always so spic and span!
ReplyDeleteMy husband buys all my best shoes too.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I JUST moved the garbage can off the top of the toilet last week. I realized that my youngest child is almost four and it's probably time.