Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reagan's Favorites

  • Purses! The never ending bag of goodness is just too much for our curious Bunny to resist! We were at a party Melinda threw for Chris' birthday and Reagan crawls over to where all the purses were and starts rummaging through them! (someone couldn't find their keys at the end of the night and we were worried that Reagan had taken them, gosh we tried to train her to only go for wallets! ;) But on that note, my friend Kellie was visiting and we look over at Reagan and she has gone into Kellie's purse and was now standing with a dollar in each hand with the biggest smile on her face!!! After all these escapades I decided to start placing purses around the house for Reagan to find and rummage through. She has really taken to this one: She carries it all around the house with her. Girl through and through!
  • Small toiletries. Chap sticks, lip glosses, anything in my makeup bag, toothpaste tubes, lotion tubes, oh and pens (although I try my best to keep those out of her hands because she writes all over me and herself, let alone there being an eye ready to be poked out!) I think she takes to these things because they fit perfectly in her little hands. She will carry up to 3 chap stick/lip glosses in each hand and crawl/walk around the house with them. She has quite the grip on them too, if I try to pry her hands open to have her let go of her treasures she throws a fit, not pretty! Consequently, we often leave the house having her holding whatever was in her hand, because whatever she's holding when I pick her up comes up with her. The other day at my friend's house Mikele asked, "Is this your tooth paste on the floor here?" Yup!! What happened to toys people????
  • Walking or shall I say running! Reagan is really trucking these days!!
  • Water. And she has finally figured out the sippy cup, yea!! The whole holding it upside down thing was a little tricky. She loves to play with the plastic crinkly water bottles. She still loves drinking from our water bottles. Actually she wants to consume everything we're putting up to our mouth (this has really brought my attention to my horrible eating habits as of late, when I keep saying, "no you can't have this, it's not healthy," as I shove it into my mouth!!!)
  • Stairs!!!! enough said!
  • Putting things inside things and taking them out. The other day I opened up my cupboard and to my surprise about 10 of Reagan's toys came spilling out! She will open the cupboard the 2 inches the child lock allows and then drop her treasures inside! She also will stand on her tippy toes as she hangs onto counters and push her treasures onto the counter. The other day she handed me my mascara by dropping it high into the bathroom sink as I was doing my makeup, Thank You! She has learned to put silverware into the silverware holder in the dishwasher, but don't worry she'll pull it right back out. She puts all of her chapsticks into a card board box and then dumps them out. Pulls all the books off her bookshelf...you get the point: MESS! but super cute!

3 comments:

  1. Reagan walks all over the place?? I can't imagine it. That's so fun! I need to call you... will do that this afternoon, hopefully, while we still have free weekend minutes. I miss you. I'll have to do the purse thing to give Kailee some extra entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! You don't know me, but I was a roommate of Camille Garrisons at Utah State, and I stumbled across your blog from hers. I have a confession to make.... I read your blog all the time! I just wanted to tell you that I think you are SO cute, and I can tell that you are an incredible and fun mom, I don't even know you but I seriously look up to you! I LOVED your post about journaling and how you have a journal that you keep just for your husband to tell him how much you love and appreciate him, it inspired me to do something similar for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh out loud. These people around me at work are looking at me like I am crazy!!!!!! haha.
    I love the thought of you filling random purses around the house for her. How cute is that?
    She has like purse radar.
    "beep beep is that a purse? beepbeepbeepbeep! mwahha!"

    She was so funny at our party haha. You forgot to add apparently the taste of rocks to her favorites(over paper). Good thing Will realized that Reagan had a funny look on her face when she turned down the paper! Rocks are yucky Reagan.
    Lets see, her interests went from...paper, to ROCKS... what comes next?? Scissors!! AHHHH

    ReplyDelete

comments