Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Smooth Sailing

I've come to the conclusion that there are, throughout life, hard times and easier times. This gives me hope the next time I'm in a difficult stage that I know it too will pass. I've been thinking about this lately because life is so good right now. Everything seems perfect.... Reagan's doing so great. We play outside everyday, I read as she plays. I have so enjoyed reading lately and zoomed through all of Shannon Hale's books which I have absolutely loved. Reagan is down to one nap a day which is so much easier for me. Her schedule gives us so much more flexibility during the day. She goes to sleep so peacefully, I just lay her down and she falls asleep. (this was not always the case as I got in the really bad habit of putting her to sleep, not a good idea, hence one of the more difficult stages) She usually takes a two hour nap in the middle of the day and I get to also nap or have time to myself. I realize this smooth period will pass too, probably when the baby comes, but I sure am grateful for it and am enjoying everyday. I am just so happy and so grateful. I'm grateful for such a wonderful husband and such a sweet life.
This however, doesn't mean I don't have my moments..... Here is Reagan's distressed pose, she puts both hands on her head and cries!! So sad! We try to only let Reagan have her pacifier and blanket when she goes to sleep but she's too smart for that! On a regular basis she comes to her crib, reaches her arm through and pulls them both out. If she can't reach them she cries for us to help her, that picture was me not responding to her plea.

And I never cease to be amazed at the kinds of things Reagan manages to get into... Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments