Thursday, October 9, 2008

Almost Half Way

I am almost half way there to having the baby. Which means in two weeks (Oct. 22) I get to find out if it's a girl or a boy. I have posted a poll on the side of the blog where you can vote whether you think we're having a boy or a girl.
When I was pregnant with Reagan it was while I was teaching school. I remember the day I was going in for my ultrasound to find out the sex. I set up a big graph on the blackboard and gave each student a sticky note. They came up one by one placed their sticky note with their name on it above the boy section or the girls section creating a HUGE bar graph. Unfortunately, I told the students beforehand we wanted a boy (although we had no inkling as to what we were having). The result: everyone chose we were having a boy (they always want what the teacher wants), except for 3 very girly girls. And those cute girls were right!!! The next day I brought those girls each a chocolate truffle that said in pink writing, "It's a Girl" to announce to the class we were having a girl.
So because of that bias I wont tell you what I think we're having. Yes, I do think it is one gender but I have no idea why. But we will be thrilled with either a boy a girl. I mean if it's a girl it will be perfect because Reagan will have a close friend (they will only be 20 mo. apart) and we have all the girls stuff we would need. But if it's a boy it will be new and exciting. And my family is in desperate need of some boy grandkids! Poor Bobby is all alone with 5 other girls and my sister Robin just found out she is having another girl! So either way we will be ecstatic. The challenge will be to wait till the 22nd, I'm already counting down.
I am so excited for this baby. Is it weird that I already feel ready for it? I see other infants and I just melt. I find myself wanting to cuddle this new baby so bad! The other night Reagan had a really hard night and so I brought her into our bed. She fell asleep with her arm around my neck and it was the cutest thing. I am so excited to have a new born who just snuggles up and sleep son you.
So everyone cast your votes, and we'll see whose right on the 22nd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments