Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Mini Vacation

It seemed like it had been a really long time since Will and I have gone on vacation so when Will had a business meeting in St. George last Friday we decided to all go down and make sort of a vacation out of it.
In college Will was a personal assistant for a psychologist who has since moved down to St. George and we got to stay in their beautiful guest house all weekend. I seriously felt like I was at a resort! It so wonderful to get away, even if it was only for a few days. Vacations are so needed!

Here is a little bit of what we did...

We drove down Thursday afternoon. That evening we had dinner at the Painted Pony, a super nice restaurant, with all of Will's coworkers. Here we are: Everything was so delicious. Will ordered French onion soup and I couldn't get over how cool it was, it was in an onion like a bread bowl. Friday Will had meetings all morning and then they all went to Zions and did the Angel's Landing Hike. Reagan and I stayed home from the hike so Reagan could take a nap and plus that hike they did not sound baby friendly!!! Scary cliff pictures to come. (their on our friend's camera) So Reagan and I relaxed all day, played on the play ground, and hung out with Stephanie, our hostess.
When Will got home we went shopping at the wonderful outlet stores in St. George. I was so pleased with my deals. Shopping when your pregnant can be a real pain...I have the hardest time finding cute stuff and everything is like double the normal price. Sooooooo, I honestly don't buy that many maternity things I just find things that work for maternity clothes (worked great with Reagan). So at the Shade outlet store I found all these shirts that were XL for only $3.99!!! They fit perfectly, so I got two of them. I was so excited!
After some happy shopping we grabbed dinner at In-N-Out, gotta love it! Strawberry shake, to die for!!Although, I told Will part of the reason I love it so much is because I can't have it all the time. When they build one in Utah, which they are planning on doing, I wonder if I'll still have the same passion for it?? Right now it's just one of those places I get so excited about going to when I'm on vacation.

Saturday morning we went to an incredible breakfast buffet at the Marriott hotel. Then we were planning on going to Zions National Park so Reagan and I could have a chance to hike around but we really wanted to get back in time for the BYU vs. Utah game so we decided that we'll have to come back another time, fine with me:)

We had a great drive home. I let Reagan do things I normally don't allow just because I felt bad she was stuck in her car seat for 4 hours. One of these things was playing with my make-up and I was shocked at how well she knew how to apply it! She sure watches us and mimics the things we do. Check her out:
Reagan wearing lip gloss and bronzing powder! She applied the lip gloss perfectly on her lips and was able to open my powder, take the brush and dip it in, and then dab her face with it! Hysterical!!!

Saturday evening we had a great time at the Jackman's watching the game, eating food, and hanging out with friends, but so sad the game had to end so tragically.

But YEA to a really fun weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas if you're around!

    ReplyDelete

comments