Something big in our January was that my best friend from high school, Anne, got married. It was so neat to be involved in all the wonderful things with her. And I am so sad I didn't take a single picture to document any of these things! So if you care to read about it here I go... It started with some us throwing her a bridal shower, super fun. But I found myself continually calling it a baby shower, I'm just in that mode! Then I attended another shower for her and got to see her lovely new home they'll be moving into. Then her reception at Noah's the night before the wedding with 3 delicious chocolate fountains. Friday the 23rd was the big day and man was it a marathon of a day for us. I was so busy I didn't take a single picture, I'm so mad! Anyway, we left Reagan with the babysitters ALL day long. It started with us attending Anne and Tanner's sealing in the Bountiful Temple. While up in Bountiful we got to visit some great friends, J.C. and Hailey, who just moved to there from Idaho. Then I had some time to kill before the dinner and Will had meetings in Salt Lake so I decided to pamper myself with a pedicure and manicure at a wonderful spa. It was a superb decision, seeing as I am very pregnant and having a day away from Reagan it was absolutely the perfect thing to do. That evening Will and I attended Anne and Tanner's wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and then headed over tothe Grand America for Northwestern Mutual's Annual Awards Banquet. It was crazy that those two events landed on the same day! The awards Banquet is always super fun and Will got recognized for some excellent things he accomplished this year.
In the middle of January Reagan got pretty sick. She had a really high fever. Reagan must have a pretty good immune system because for a little kid she really hasn't gotten sick all that often. But this fever really took her out.
I have to admit, though, both Will and I really enjoyed the cuddle time. 
I have to admit, though, both Will and I really enjoyed the cuddle time. 
Reagan loves the rocking chair. I think it's so funny because she'll throw her body forward to get it going and then lean way back and she can really get that thing swinging! Sometimes she'll hit the wall and she laughs so hard.

Reagan is more and more protesting going in her highchair. She wants to sit at the table like a big girl. I am, for the most part, okay with this, but I don't like that I can no longer trap her mess, and sometimes she picks up her bowl and plate and tries to walk away with it!
She has been eating so much better lately! She finally got some molars (it seemed like she took forever to get them). And now she can actually chew things. That was a really hard stage where she wasn't drinking milk anymore but couldn't really eat real food either. I kept thinking she was the pickiest eater, but now we're on the up! One of her favorite things to eat is cereal and she loves to drink the milk when she is done. I'm impressed at how coordinated she is with getting the milk to her mouth without spilling it, she actually does a very good job.It is fun because she can now communicate what she wants to eat by saying yes or no to options I show her. I used to get so frustrated when I would fix something just for her and she wouldn't touch it. She also loves to say "ma" while reaching her hand out, when she wants some more of what she's eating.
This is one of Reagan and Dad's favorite things for breakfast: toast. But not just any toast, it is spread half with jam and half with peanut butter and washed down with milk. Yum, yum.


Reagan's vocabulary has really exploded lately (although you would have to know what she was trying to say in order understand it, because it's pretty much a sound per word). My favorite new phrase is "g, g" (good girl) which she happily says while clapping her hands. It shocked me the first time she said it because she had done something really impressive and unprompted by me she proudly clapped her hands and said, "G, G!"
She is mimicking a ton of sounds and words. We can go through almost the entire alphabet and Reagan can say the sound for each letter (prompted by me of course), it is really fun. She is also mimicking so many things that we do and we get such a kick out of it.
Reagan is also learning how to be soft. Which she does by stroking her hand gently across your cheek. When she gets in trouble she often comes up to you and strokes your cheek as if to say, "I'm sorry."
As for me, I am doing well. I am feeling really, really big. I am at the stage where I feel like nothing looks good on and I am beyond ready to go back to a normal wardrobe. With the baby getting so close I am trying to take care of all those last minute things like getting my hair cut and highlighted, going to the dentist, etc. We're feeling ready!!!
I can't believe you're so close to having your little boy!
ReplyDeletehow exciting Julie! can't wait to see pics of the little man... boys are so fun (of course I don't have a little girl, so maybe I'm biased!) oh and with some friends the other day we were talking about getting lost and I shared your post about going to the wrong Christmas party!! that still cracks me up. hope you guys are doing well, and I'm glad you got a pampering day. you need those being that far along!! :) take care!!
ReplyDeleteWell, what a fun update! Raegan is getting so big and I'm sure will be such a cute big sister!
ReplyDelete