Thursday, March 5, 2009

39 Weeks

I haven't documented this pregnancy very well. I really have only a few pregnancy pictures so as the weeks turn to only days I am making an effort to have Will take some pictures of me (oh how he loves that! especially when I keep telling him, "just center me and cut out everything else!" you can tell how he takes my advice:) So these are not the greatest, it's dark and we're on our way to his basketball game, but they'll have to due, for now...So here's the pregnancy update: (if you care to hear about the details)
I am due in exactly one week. I went to the doctors on Tuesday to be checked for the first time. I have just started to dilate so he said, "I can induce you on Monday if you want." Surprisingly, I am one of the few pregnant women who actually wants to wait! If he would have offered that with Reagan I would have been all over it. I was SOOOOOOO excited and literally felt like waiting another day was torture. But with this baby I am feeling much more patient. I am excited for him to be here but I also know that he is a whole lot easier where he is:) And I keep having this feeling of, "oh, I still have things I need to get done." Although, those things done really don't go away: laundry, cleaning, projects, etc. But I really am just content letting him come when he's ready. I think another huge part of that is that gratefully I still feel wonderful. I was feeling uncomforatble for a little while there but that feeling sort of went away and I feel great! I still can do everything I want to do and feel very healthy and happy.

I am not nervous about this baby coming (check back with me when he's actually here:). It was so unknown with Reagan that I had some worries (labor/delivering, would I know how to take care of a baby) but with this one, knowing what to expect makes all the difference. So I really feel at peace and am just purely excited. Okay, I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about the thought of being away from Reagan while I'm in the hospital for 3 days. I know she'll be fine with our friends Ben and Summer when we go into labor and then Grandma and Will will take care of her. But for right now at least, this is the thing that probably causes me the most worry/thought when I think about the baby coming.

There you have it, all my random thoughts running about in my head, hope I didn't bore you too much. More pictures to come:)

12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures when he makes his big debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how close you are. I'm excited to see pictures of your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! We are excited for you and anxious to hear how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you look incredible. I do regret not getting more pictures of me pregnant. Now that my children are teenagers I wish I had more pictures of my baby belly. Good job for taking those pictures!!!!
    Love your big sis,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about Reagan while you're in the hospital, just relax and enjoy your only "just the two of us" that you'll ever have with that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, you look great!! I have been waiting for you to post some pictures..you look awesome. I hope that you make it to saturday. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I never remember to get pregnancy pictures. It always happens that I'll manage to get one semi-belly shot just by pure luck. I'll put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so great! And so happy! That little guy will be adorable. I understand how you feel about Reaghan--I was petrified of leaving Caleb while I had the baby. Luckily our friends were great and he had such a fun time seeing Seth at the hospital. Our pediatrician gave us some really good advice: make the toddler part of the parent "team", and they will feel big as they get to do things like grab a diaper, get a blanket, etc. It makes all the difference, and really kept Caleb from feeling left out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie and Will we are so excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet him. And Julie you do (as always) look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a cute pregnant lady! :) Can't wait to see pics of the little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok so what's the secret! How do you do it? You look fabulous and I want details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! SO SOON! SO EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete

comments