Lincoln Frederick Beck6:43 pm March 19, 2009
7 lbs 15 oz
21.5 inches
If you care to read all the details, I'll be writing them! If not, enjoy the pictures!
Wednesday night I was pretty disturbed when I received a phone call from the hospital telling me they were too full to meet my 5am induction appointment in the morning! I was instructed to call them at 6am to hear more details. I called...they were full. "Hopefully we can get you in sometime today," the nurse told me. Needless to say I was in the foulest mood all morning. So much to my surprise when at 9:45 the hospital actually called me and told me I was to come in. (my awesome doctor had called and demanded that I be put in, because I was 41 weeks) Yippee, I went from being the induction patient on the back burner to the number one priority. Although they still didn't have rooms they set me up in the O.R. room, as Will mentioned. By noon I was in my official room at Orem Community Hospital with the Pitocin pumping. Room 117, large, bright, and beautiful!
My labor was actually incredibly smooth. I waited to get the epidural until I was really in pain. I rested for the majority of it, just closing my eyes and breathing through the contractions. We even watched a movie. By 6:30 I was at a 10. My doctor, Dr. Judd, actually wasn't available so the midwife, Heather, was assigned to me. To be completely honest, I wasn't too thrilled about the situation. However, my opinion was spun more than 360 degrees when my delivery turned out to be perfect in every way! Heather was so supportive and comforting. I pushed for about 7 minutes and the baby was out!
My baby boy was here...
Wednesday night I was pretty disturbed when I received a phone call from the hospital telling me they were too full to meet my 5am induction appointment in the morning! I was instructed to call them at 6am to hear more details. I called...they were full. "Hopefully we can get you in sometime today," the nurse told me. Needless to say I was in the foulest mood all morning. So much to my surprise when at 9:45 the hospital actually called me and told me I was to come in. (my awesome doctor had called and demanded that I be put in, because I was 41 weeks) Yippee, I went from being the induction patient on the back burner to the number one priority. Although they still didn't have rooms they set me up in the O.R. room, as Will mentioned. By noon I was in my official room at Orem Community Hospital with the Pitocin pumping. Room 117, large, bright, and beautiful!
My labor was actually incredibly smooth. I waited to get the epidural until I was really in pain. I rested for the majority of it, just closing my eyes and breathing through the contractions. We even watched a movie. By 6:30 I was at a 10. My doctor, Dr. Judd, actually wasn't available so the midwife, Heather, was assigned to me. To be completely honest, I wasn't too thrilled about the situation. However, my opinion was spun more than 360 degrees when my delivery turned out to be perfect in every way! Heather was so supportive and comforting. I pushed for about 7 minutes and the baby was out!
My baby boy was here...
Will, actually, was the one who got a little weak. Right as the baby was coming out he had to sit down because he felt so queasy. This nurse saved the day with some orange juice!
I was so excited to see Reagan too! I couldn't believe how much I missed her! She was so good at the hospital. She was content just to sit on my lap.
Carol had been busy croqueting all kinds of things for both kids in preparation for coming out. This darling hat was one of her projects.
Grandma and Lincoln
A proud Dad
I couldn't believe how alert he was after coming out!
Grandma and Lincoln
I fed him right away and I couldn't believe how easily he latched on. He's been eating like a champ.Carol took Reagan home to go to sleep while Will got to stay late with me so we could have some alone time with our new son. He is so precious!
Although I tried to feed him in the middle of the night he wouldn't have it. So I guess I can say he slept through the night his first night here!
Today:
Will, Reagan, and Carol came to the hospital in the morning. Will went into work for a couple hours while Reagan and Carol hung out here. Reagan actually had a lot of fun just playing around the room and being with mommy and baby. She colored, ate snacks, sat on my lap with the baby, and made lots of messes:) But it was great. They went home for Reagan's nap. And Will and Reagan returned to hang out for the rest of the afternoon. Meanwhile, Lincoln slept like a rock!
Uncle John drove down from Idaho
Around 6:00 we had a full house, or room I guess I should say, of the Becks! Joe and Rianne, Hannah, John, and Carol.
Around 6:00 we had a full house, or room I guess I should say, of the Becks! Joe and Rianne, Hannah, John, and Carol.Reagan loved coloring with her Uncle
After the Becks left to go to dinner my Mom and Jamie arrived!!! Hooray!!!!!!! I love them so much and am so grateful they drove the long trek from California to be with us. This is going to be a great week!!!

This evening Lincoln has been much more fussy. So what do I do? Hand him off to the nursery. Awww, the joys of the hospital. And sweet dreams to a good night rest!Thanks so much for keeping posted. I have felt all of your warm concern and prayers for us. Will and I kept mentioned how grateful we are for wonderful family and friends who are so interested in knowing how everything went. We love you all and are grateful for the relationships we have in this life, they mean everything!
Keep posted, there will be much, much more!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys! We're so glad to hear everything went so well and that Lincoln's here and well. Good luck the next few months. Newborn babies are the best thing in the word - and the most exhausting. Hopefully the second time around will be better, at least it's not a clueless first time. :)
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm so impressed that you already have a post up. I was brushing my teeth tonight and remembered (random time to remember) that you were supposed to be induced yesterday. I thought for sure there wouldn't be anything there. Was I ever wrong. You are as faithful as can be. Am I to gather that you're posting from the hospital?? Now that's stalwart!
Sorry about the comment deleted - wrong button!
Congratulations Will and Julie! Lincoln is one handsome baby, he looks just perfect. I'm so glad to hear that the delivery went so smoothly, what a relief to finally have him here! How fun that you are a family of four now- what adorable kids you have! Good Luck with everything.
ReplyDeleteyou're so smart to have everything posted with all the details right away. it's so easy to forget little things and hard to find time to write about how everything "took place" later on. you sound like you had an absolute perfect labor and delivery. you didn't even have to labor that long either. so nice. was it longer with reagan? i'm hoping with the second baby it gets shorter. i have no complaints with brooklyn, i just expected it to all go a lot faster....congrats again! he's absolutely perfect! wish we could come visit your little family. you're super woman to say the least!
ReplyDeleteYeah for baby Lincoln! He's so precious and wonderful! Congrats and Julie you look so amazing! Happiness!
ReplyDeletecongratulations! lincoln is so precious! and HEY, Heather is my doctor! i just love her, i'm so glad to hear that you were happy with her and the delivery. and i just met Dr. Judd the other day, he was so fantastic! dang, i'm seriously bummed about moving somewhere in the next couple months and needing to find a new doctor mid-pregnancy! well, shoot. HUGE congrats you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is precious!
ReplyDeletecongrats julie! he's beautiful.
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet little guy! congrats, he looks so perfect! and I love how you have a Regan and a Lincoln... maybe your next could be Carter, or Clinton, or Jackson... :) so excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Lincoln! He is sooo cute! We can't wait to see him in person! Let is know if you guys need anything!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything went well! He is a handsome baby! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to both of you! He is beautiful and you all look so happy. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so glad he is here. Julie (and Will), he is absolutely perfect. So much fun. It makes me want July to get here sooner! Love all the pictures. You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the delivery went well. I LOVE midwives...I felt the same way about mine with Hailey. I'm happy it was a good experience.
I can't wait to see the little guy in person. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING.
PS: Will, good luck in your game today.
Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you. Julie, 7 minutes!! That's amazing. Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Lincoln is adorable!!! What a nice experience- not many people can say that about giving birth! :) And I'm so glad you had Heather deliver him. I love her!! Love you guys, and welcome Lincoln!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Will and Julie, We couldn't be happier for our newest family member to arrive. He is precious. I was touched at how he was looking into his daddy's eyes. Awesome picture!!!! Mom looked so happy and of course you could tell she had been crying tears of joy. Wish we could be there. Sending you lots of love and prayers.... Love your big sis Melissa
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new baby! He is so cute, cuter than most newborns! When I was induced, I had such a smooth delivery, so I'm glad that you had some energy after the baby was born! We are so excited for you and wish you and your family the best!
ReplyDeleteYAY! CONGRATS!!!!! Love you guys! PS HE IS DARLING!
ReplyDeleteYay! So cute! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYAY! He's so cute! Glad it was smooth and relatively easy.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! He is beautiful, and I love the name.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Aren't second babies just the best? Makes you wonder why it was so hard the first time. You all look so great. Little Lincoln is just beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures of him! Great work.
ReplyDeleteman there are a billion comments on here! you guys are popular. Little Lincoln is so stinkin cute..his little face is precious. Glad everything went well and you two are healthy. love ya
ReplyDeleteHe's pretty darn cute Julie and Will. Can't wait to meet him. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Julie!! He is adorable! Let me know if you need anything! If you want to send Reagan our way so you can have some one on one time let me know!!
ReplyDeleteAww, he's so cute! so glad everything is going so well!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm excited for you and do let us know if you need anything!
ReplyDeletePrecious, Julie. I can't wait to see him!
ReplyDelete-Catherine
Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby and Julie, you look great!
ReplyDeleteHe's a beautiful baby boy! Congrats to you all!
ReplyDeleteI have chills just reading all of the details and hearing how Reagan is with the new baby. I can't wait!!! I'm so glad everything went so well. I couldn't hold Hadlie either after I delivered. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until they put her in my arms and I had to make sure they didn't let go!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I'm glad that you are adjusting well too (I read your most recent post first). No surprise really though. You are an amazing person and an amazing mother!
congratulations Becks! I'm so glad that all is going well.
ReplyDelete