Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two Funny Stories

Will plays with Reagan so much and it is so fun. He is always throwing her up in the air, or rolling around on the ground with her. Whenever he throws her up in the air he slowly counts, "One....Two....THREE!" As she giggles with anticipation. He has also taught her to jump. She is surprisingly good for a little person her age! Her balance is incredible. When he asks her to jump, he again counts, "one, two, three!" And she bends her knees to get a good push and launches off. She loves when he counts to three when they're playing on the bed because she finds it hysterical to jump and land right on her daddy. Oh, the laughter is delightful!
The other day we were all loading in the car and Reagan did not want to get in her seat. She happily climbed up to the driver's side to play with the steering wheel and all the fascinating gadgets found there. She laughed as we repeatedly asked her to get in her seat. I was getting seriously as I sternly said "ONE....TWO......." waiting for her to obey. Can you see it coming? Reagan got the biggest smile on her face, shouted, "Two!" and JUMPED as high as she could! Will and I bursted into laughter as we made the connection!!! She had jumped so high in fact, she bumped her little head on the carpeted ceiling. We all were laughing for quite a while and with the tension gone, Reagan climbed into her seat!

Along with summer time comes flies. Flies in the house may be one of my biggest pet peeves. I laugh at the memory of me last summer when 3 or 4 flies were in Reagan's room and kept waking her up while she was napping. I was furious with them! I can now laugh at myself as I remember me trying to swat them out of her room or lure them to a cup of food to trap them but finally resorting to making a tent of blankets over her crib all while she was sleeping and trying desperately to not wake her up! I think this give you an idea of my loathing towards flies. So lately Will and I have been using anything within reach (a magazine, an envelope, etc) to slap and kill the flies that inevitably make entry into our home.
So the other day I was a little curious when Reagan kept picking up her toys and hitting the counters and our furniture with them. Is she having anger issues or something? So I asked her, "Reagan, what are you doing?" And she very deliberately hit again as she proclaimed, "FLY!" "FLY!" hahaha, oh no, they watch us too closely!

1 comment:

comments