Friday, June 26, 2009

We're really doing it....

We're buying a house!!
It's a twin home in Spanish Fork. This is the front view of our house from the street, the entrance is on the side. (the boat belongs to our neighbors) Will and I had decided a town home would be the best fit for us right now so when we found this twin home we thought it was even better! The lay out has more of a "house" feel than the sometimes cramped feeling townhouses have. Our agent took us to a home in this development with the same floor plan and we fell in love with it. We had actually decided to make an offer on that home when we found out they were still building in the community and we could get the same exact house new for almost the same price, so we decided to go new!!! We got to choose all our options and they even threw in all our blinds and are painting a few rooms. So here are the details:
  • 2,100 sq ft
  • 2 floors with split level entry
  • 4 bedrooms (2 up, 2 down) master on main level, I love that!
  • 3 full baths
  • Beautiful kitchen with corian counter tops, crown molding on cabinets, stainless steel appliances
  • vaulted ceilings
  • dark wood floors in kitchen and entry, tile in bathrooms, carpet remainder of home
  • two family rooms (one upstairs, one downstairs)
  • closing date August 21
  • Spanish Fork right by the mouth of the canyon

Here is a picture of our backyard. A deck is going in right over those rocks. It's fully fenced in with a gated entry. Aren't those mountains beautiful! I don't have any pictures of the inside because it is only framing, but they'll be coming.

I love the community! It's called Somerset Village and it is a gated community. There is already a playground/park and pavilion but they are building another playground RIGHT across from our house. I am going to absolutely love that!

I am so excited! I feel like we're entering into a new stage of our lives. We'll even have a guest room so come on and visit!!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! That is SO exciting! You better post pics once you guys move in. It looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait for the day when we can buy a house. Sigh.

    Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! It looks great....and worth the wait! I am excited for you and excited to see the finished product. But...a little sad you will be leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! The yard will be so fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see a lot of the pics, but it sounds awesome!!! You will LOVE having a park right across the street. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! How very exciting!!! Your new home looks beautiful and sounds like so much fun.. I am so happy for you guys. Oh man, we can't wait to come and visit! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy congrats! That looks beautiful and it will be a whole new life to have that much square feet :) That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! You guys found that so fast! The park will be so great. I am so excited for you to have a beautiful new home! Sad that you'll have to start making a house payment though...;) Good luck with the whole process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so excited for you. We'll miss you a lot, though. Spanish Fork is lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks beautiful! Congratulations! It will be so nice to move into a NEW house, much less work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful! How exciting!!!!! I can't wait to see it someday! I love your family picture at the top of your blog. Julie, you just keep getting prettier! You too Will, lol. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so exciting for you guys! The house looks cute and the neighborhood sounds great, how nice to have a playground right across the street! Can't wait to see pictures of the inside, I'm sure you'll decorate it cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you guys! You definitely deserve it!!! It looks beautiful and I couldn't be more excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments