Monday, September 14, 2009

a beautiful afternoon

swinging There is so much joy in watching your child grow. Watching them learn and discover, even the slightest thing is simply amazing! You see where they come from, step by step and you are so proud of them.

Reagan is figuring out the mechanics of swinging, seemingly a simple thing, but as a parent you beam at every new development, in awe at how smart they are. Life is such a miracle!
This is probably how our Heavenly Father feels about each of us.
I'm still such a kid that I love these swings too!!! I'm just His little child with so much to learn and so much room to grow. I've been feeling that a lot lately, the need to grow, almost to the point of inadequacy. I've always been a pretty confident person but being a mom sort of feels like you get the rug pulled out from under you. Good thing God is there to guide us, tutor us, shape and mold us and delights in our ever so small growth but is also there to comfort and forgive us in our constant and repeated falls.

Wow this post did not intend to get this deep! On with some pictures, (about a zillion of my smiling boy, just can't get enough of this kid!) I love the drool in this picture. I have a friend who was talking about people's "thing" the other day, well drooling and spitting up are definitely Lincoln's "thing!" I love the look of surprise in this picture, the only thing I did to elicit such smiles was to talk to him, what a sweetie! tender playing, playing, playing
My mom and sister left yesterday morning. Oh how I miss them already!!! I had such a wonderful time with my mom here. I love her so much! I am so glad she is my mom!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Julie! They are getting SOOO big! Hope you guys are enjoying your new casa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about little Lincoln's handsomeness! We still need to do dinner :) what does next sunday look like for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that first picture of Reagan!! And your little man is just so handsome. Chocolate eyes. I love it. And I also loved your morning picture and post -- you are such a joyful girl. Mornings are wonderful, and mornings in Utah with the mountains... breathtaking. I need to learn to go to bed early like you so I can be awake to appreciate them!!

    ReplyDelete

comments