Thursday, November 5, 2009

a fairy tale morning...

in a tutu...I made this tutu for Reagan last year for Christmas but she wasn't too interested in it. She is now around the age where her dress up/make believe juices are kicking in and I LOVE IT!!! Simply adorable.

Every morning when we pick out our clothes Reagan points way up high in her closet to the hanging tutu and says, "tutu!" One morning I captured all the fun....
"Twirling"

Talking to her baby brother the proud audience

Got tired and laid down with some books I hope this love for reading never goes away
Reagan is very particular about her books. When we are reading she has a pile of unread books that she hands to me one by one, and a pile of read books that she neatly stacks when through. Even with the dozens of books in her crib Reagan will read one and then stack it orderly before picking up the next.

In our play room Reagan carefully lines up her books on the window sill. She reminds me of a little librarian gingerly displaying her books with love. And then she'll continue to stack more on the toy chest.

In the words of my friend Mary Pinegar, who I admire so much:

"An ordinary morning, an ordinary moment, an ordinary scene.
Beautiful beyond description"
~Mary Pinegar

6 comments:

  1. I agree that this is beautiful. I love her tutu (and I love that it is BLUE!) and I love her bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... I love Mary's quote! I love her bow too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love ordinary days? Sometimes they just don't seem all that ordinary when you're a mom and get such a joy from the things your kids do. I love how Reagan is so into books. Her mom must have been a teacher... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute - my 2 year old niece had one and she wore it EVERYWHERE - even to yellowstone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pictures! your kiddies are just beautiful.. I love the Halloween pictures too! I am so glad we are related, you guys are so FUN. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Is that Reagan's room or a playroom? And I love Mary's saying too! I wish it was mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete

comments