Friday, October 16, 2009

Reagan and Lincoln

They sure love each other. They both light up when they see each other.
Lincoln loves to reach for things, including Reagan. She think it's so funny when "he's gettin' YOU!"

ALL ABOUT LINCOLN

It is so fun to get to know your child as they grow. To know who they are better and better each day. My heart just melts when I think about Lincoln. It's amazing how attributes can be so evident, even in a baby. Lincoln is humble, patient, sees the good in people and genuinely loves them. He truly is the kindest boy. I am so blessed to be his mother.

Lincoln smiles all the time and is happy all day long. He has a raspy little voice. He is learning to sit up, rocks back and forth on all four, uses his arms to turn in a 360 when on his stomach, and can scoot backwards, and has started to babble. He takes short naps (I swear my kids are the lightest sleepers!), just like Reagan did, but he goes to bed really early which is so so nice. It is more freedom for me because now I can put him to bed and we can get a babysitter, whoop whoop!! Seriously, Lincoln has been smooth sailing from the beginning.

Lincoln is almost 7 months. I am perpetually late with his doctor's appointments (I was late once and then with the scheduled shots I am forced to be behind, ugh!) but her are his "6 month" (more like 6 1/2 month) stats:

17.6" head 70%
28.5 length 95%
20 pounds 82.9%

ALL ABOUT REAGAN

Reagan LOVES sports. She loves to play outside, ride her bike, play with the assortment of rackets, bats, hockey sticks, Frisbees, and balls found in the garage. She loves to throw, chase, and catch and screams with excitement while doing it. Her favorite thing is "JUMPING!!!" (my new wish is for a trampoline) She hasn't shown much preference pink, and princesses (yet?) but does like to play with her baby dolls. She pushes them around in the stroller, wraps them up in blankets, changes their "pooty" diapers, puts them down for naps, and reads them books. She LOVES to read books.

Reagan loves her brother! She excitedly exclaims, "BABY!" whenever she sees him. She loves bringing him millions and millions of toys but also loves taking his toys away from him, especially the one he is currently playing with! She has been really good with him from the very beginning.

I love when Reagan laughs!! And she is a such tease! The times when she laughs the hardest is usually when she is doing something to tease you, like running away when you want to change her diaper or get her dressed, acting like she is giving you a bite and then quickly putting it in her own mouth instead, slamming a door before you can walk in, making you say "ouch!" by jumping on you, creeping up to "get you," or anything else she can come up with. Silly girl!

It is so cute when she gets all busy into what she is doing. She can stay occupied on her "project" for a really long time (which makes the mess worth it sometimes!) Like bringing every toy she owns to you, or taking all of her books to her crib, or putting all of the pens away, or ripping the napkin into tiny little pieces.

It has been so fun having Reagan learn to communicate with us and being able to reason with her a little bit more. It has help immensely in the behavior department.

Reagan is obsessed with "ouchies," hers or anyone elses. If she had an ouchie on her arm, long past the point of hurting, she regularly search both arms down hunting for the slightest evidence of the long since gone ouchie. When she finally find it, she dramatically says, "Ooooooo, ouchie! Siss it!" (kiss it). This emphathy carries over to others as well. She noticed my burn mark on my arm yesterday and said, "I siss it," and tenderly kissed my ouchie. She loves to tell me when people in books have ouchies and we almost can never look at a picture of Christ without her saying with all the feeling she can muster, "Ooooooooo, ouchie!!!" "Yup, He suffered ouchies for us Reagan."

Reagan is a little Will. It's unbelievable! It's funny that Reagan tends to be more like Will and Lincoln seems to be more like me. Will often tells her, "You were meant to be my daughter!" What a great connection they have, and I am all for having a daddy's girl. They can really relate to each other. Whereas, I sometimes get frustrated with Reagan, Will understands her and can see where she is coming from. I'm so glad we get to do this as a team!!!

Reagan seems to come alive at night. That is usually when she has the most energy and is so so fun. I find it so ironic that she comes alive right when it's nearing her bed time and tell her, "Reagan why can't you be this cute and happy all day long, I don't even want to put you to bed because you are being so much fun!" (maybe it's her secret plan to get to stay up later!) Will jokes that it's because it's when he is home, but honestly I think she is a night person!

Reagan is super INDEPENDENT! Things have to be her idea. It makes me laugh so hard. For instance I will ask her if she wants an orange and she will say, "no" and close the fridge. Then she will walk back over to the fridge and say, "Orange!" like she just thought of the most brilliant idea!

Reagan loves songs. She will ask throughout the day for "Songa." She sings and dances and twirls around as we sing and act out The Wheels on the Bus, The Itsy Bisty Spider, Popcorn Popping, Sunbeam, and dozens more.

Reagan loves to "keen up." She is definitely my little helper.

As much as I hate it, Reagan is very attached to her blanket and pac (pass). We try very hard for them to only be used at bedtime but she usually weasels her way into carrying them around at some point in the day. When Reagan gets hurt she often weepfully cries out, "Paaaaas!"

Reagan has great manners, always says her please and thank yous. Reagan is spiritual. She loves looking at pictures of Jesus and the temple and praying, and learning about them.

Oh how we love our kids. They are our lives! Trials and all, they are making us grow, experience, learn, and give us greater LOVE and JOY than we have ever known. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he gave us families, we are becoming more like Him.

We are so grateful for you Reagan and Lincoln!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute mom you are, Julie. I hope I'm half as good someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such cute kids! I can't believe how big Lincoln is getting. He's about the same size as Cayman, just a little shorter! I love to read about the silly things Reagan says. I love kids they do truly bring joy into our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute kids! I can't believe what a chunk lincoln is..long and big. Behr is just short and big. Feels like I have not seen you for a long time..hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful kids they are! It's because they have such a wonderful mother, truly. Glad you are enjoying "mom life". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful they are - and how great you are for recording your thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! I love all the stories. It's so fun to see kids grow up!

    ReplyDelete

comments