Saturday, November 28, 2009

My First Thanksgiving Dinner

and it was a SUCCESS!!!
We had such a fabulous Thanksgiving!!! Thanksgiving has long been my favorite holiday; Food and Family, it doesn't get much better than that!

I have been excited for this Thanksgiving in a special way. It was so fun for us to do it at our new house and for me to cook for the first time and we were thrilled to have Dad, Melodie, and Rachel come out to share it with us!!! It was absolutely WONDERFUL!

love this girl! (Will's lil sis)
Our cousin Terra, who's going to BYU, got to come too! I'm so glad she did!
She's gorgeous!
Will had a blast playing football all morning with his buddies from work. Isn't Turkey Bowl the greatest tradition! Aunt and Niece, awwww
Now for the food:

Bread Pudding (will now be a holiday must for my family!)
Dennis made the rolls, divine! kids' table
I had so many extra hands in the kitchen it was amazing!!! But I almost couldn't believe it myself how good everything turned out! Everyone was raving and I was absolutely glowing! (what doesn't a cook love more than to be doted upon!) Dennis loved the mashed potatoes (my secret: whipping cream!) Will couldn't get over the stuffing. I've never made stuffing before but I went to a cooking class at the Chef's Table and I used their recipe: flawless!!!! I cut and dried my own bread the night before for both the stuffing and the bread pudding. There is something wonderful about accomplishing something that seemed so daunting before! My motto for this stage in my life is "let knowlege replace fear!" What an exciting time in my life with all these new discoveries, I love it! Now if every dinner could look like this:As we sat around the table groaning from our over stuffed stomach's Dennis said, "There was only one thing I was disappointed about. " "What!!!" I inquired! Catching on, Will chimed in, "Omi's jello!" I had stayed up late the night before preparing Omi's famous jello, yup left in the fridge! hahah, hooray for left overs. In fact I'm helping myself to a plate right now!

HAPPY THANKSGVING to All!

2 comments:

  1. You should be so proud, that looks scrumptious!!! Congrats congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so awesome! Want to share the bread pudding recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete

comments