ENJOY
I had to paint this front door! It used to be a light peach and I thought it looked horrible! Just blended right into the house. Doors need to stand out in my opinion.
Master Bedroom:
This picture doesn't really capture it, but I love looking from the sage green of the bedroom into the dark brown of the bathroom, looks really nice.
Master Bedroom:
This picture doesn't really capture it, but I love looking from the sage green of the bedroom into the dark brown of the bathroom, looks really nice.
Master Bathroom:
When you have a house you realize the things you really like and then things you wish you had (more closets/storage space!) Well one thing I love is having separate sinks. (I was shocked when I realized that it is my sink that is the dirty one!) And love having a closed door for the toilet, and the shower, keeps the steam away from the mirror
Lincoln's room:

Reagan's room:
Playroom:
This is my favorite room in the whole house. The picture makes it looks dark, but it actually is such BRIGHT room. I love the yellow, so sunny and happy. I love playing in here with the kids, I love feeding Lincoln in that chair, reading books, twirling, running, and singing songs. There is a feeling of happiness that permeates this room.
And I love this book shelf, it was mine growing up!
Guest bathroom:

The maple trees we planted in the back yard:
I am so kicking myself that I didn't take pictures of them when they were full of green leaves, and even missed capturing their beautiful fall colors, next year...
This may have been the biggest feat of all, staining the deck:
Thank you mom for the hours and hours in the awkward and uncomfortable positions!
The downstairs foyer:
This is the entrance we use most, coming in from the garage. We just painted it the same shade of cream the upstairs is painted.The office:
And just so you don't get a false sense of reality, all of these pictures were taken on different days. These rooms have never all been clean at the same time! Maybe someday... when the kids are grown. My favorite quote about this is from President Monson, "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly" found in of my favorite talks.Besides the actual choosing and deciding on color, I absolutely loved painting. However, decorating is a little bit of a different story. I find decorating simultaneously fun and overwhelming (some people really have the gift for this) and although I really value and appreciate a well decorated home, I don't have that natural touch (or the money, yikes!). Consequently, my mind set for now is, "I never want to move again!!" It is so much work and too much of my time, energy, thought, and "wanting" has gone into trying to get it just the way I want it. (when in the end none of it really matters anyway!) Maybe I'll just hire a decorator next time! I can show her the kind of style I like and then she can do all the work, planning, and shopping.
But thankfully I'm to a point where I feel like most of the house is put together and I can continue to do a fun project here and there and add/change decor. But all the concentrated effort got to be a little much for me. I am glad it's done! I am finally feeling settled.
We did have had a few successes with decorating. Times wher you are like, "This fits absolutely PERFECT!" That is how I feel about our kitchen table. I really, really value having meals together, eating good food, and spending time together around the table. So finding a table where we could share some of this most precious time together was important to me. We also love have guest over and wanted to be able to accomadate them. But I also didn't want to spend a thousand dollars! Can I say major blessing when we found this AMAZING table on KSL for....can you believe it: $250!!!! In love!
Six chairs and a leaf. I am so looking for to Thanksgiving!
Another perfect fit is this clock. We actually already had it but now it found it's perfect place!
I want to tell my mom thank you again. I would have never done any of this if it weren't for you. You really are the best mom in the whole world!!!!
Six chairs and a leaf. I am so looking for to Thanksgiving!
Another perfect fit is this clock. We actually already had it but now it found it's perfect place!
I want to tell my mom thank you again. I would have never done any of this if it weren't for you. You really are the best mom in the whole world!!!!

Everything looks so great! I especially like the color in your bedroom, beautimous! You always talk about now having a good eye for stuff, that is for sure NOT the case!
ReplyDeleteLooks gorgeous! I can't wait to have a house again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful house! We have the exact same table and love it as well!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks fantastic Julie! I'm so impressed!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your new house. You did a great job painting!! Good for you. We've only painted our bedroom, the guest room, and the girls room. We may do a little more in the summer time. I so wish you lived next door. :( Maybe someday!
ReplyDeleteJulie your house is adorable!! I might have to have you over to help me paint come rooms! I love the play room! Such a good idea for that room!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your house Julie!!! I can't wait to see it in person. You are wonderful.. Love ya
ReplyDeleteWow! This looks so great! I am so impressed with all your hard work. Beautiful home.
ReplyDeleteLooks great. Heather and I were talking the other day and we both want to come visit and see your new house. So one of these days we'll call you. And this month I missed VTing you....
ReplyDeleteWow Julie! Your house looks AMAZING! You are doing such a good job with everything! And don't you just love moms :)
ReplyDeleteJulie-
ReplyDeleteYour house is sooo cute! I had so much fun with you last night at the b-ball game. Next week is at 6:30, I hope you bring your kids!