Friday, November 13, 2009

Projects

Since moving into the house I have been diving into some projects (my head is practically exploding with all the ideas!)

I haven't done a lot of stuff like this before so I just sort of went for it, winging it along the way! My new motto is, "let knowledge replace fear," because you really can do anything you want to do. I used to think you had to be a "super talented person" to do stuff like this and now I know, all you have to do is try! But let's just say thank goodness I'm not a perfectionist, hahaha!

Here are some things for now... I think this changing table turned darling! Thank you spray paint! The most time consuming part was applying the liquid sander.

Painting Reagan's toddler bed I bought off KSL:
I sanded it down, primed it, and then painted it with the extra paint I had from Reagan's room. I thought several, several times during this project, "Is this really worth it!!!!!!" Going out and buying a new one sure would have been a lot easier! But hey, it's done and I like like it. And it taught me some things. I had the idea while painting the bed that, "hey I can paint all my old picture frames too!" This time I used some of the extra cream paint from our walls, and am hanging them with this ribbon. I also painted some dark brown ones too. This turned out to be a blessing because having just gotten some beautiful family pictures taken I was desiring to display them around the house. However, like everything else, I discover frames are expensive! So this stroke of an idea was a little tender mercy for me!

And now I am working on bedding for Reagan's new bed, so excited about this:
Much, much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments