Friday, December 4, 2009

Reagan's Bedding- Completed

So here is the finished product: I am actually not that into sewing so I just sort of winged this and it's the most fun I've ever had doing a sewing project. And I honestly couldn't believe how easy it was! I just used a few extra pillows from our couch that we never use and covered them for the throw pillows. All three pillows have a flap so I can slip the covers off to wash. The main blanket is a duvet type blanket. I used the red comforter I had in college, folded it in half and sewed the cover for it with a zipper to pull it on and off! Perfect fit! (and I'm thinking I'll just unfold it and sew a bottom onto the cover to convert it to a double bed comforter when she outgrows this)
Here are a few extra things I did to match:

Recovered the desk chair (a future project is sanding this baby down and painting it the same color as her bed)
A window valance:
photo board (I actually made this a while ago and just feel in love with the fabric so I went back to it to do all of Reagan's bedding):

Her room is almost complete. I have one more project of mod podging some wooden letters to spell Reagan above her bed.

4 comments:

  1. Julie, I'm so impressed with all the decorating you are doing. Both your kids' rooms look so cute!
    So we fly out to Utah on the 19th and are there for 2 weeks, hopefully we'll get to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it kindof hurts my eyes to read your blog, lol, I LOVE your blog do over! And your fam. pictures are awesome! Great job on Reagan's bedding and everything else you did! I need to be more crafty. And I love your hair. You're sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

comments