
Reagan's favorite thing lately is play-doe. "Making cookies, kay!"
Reagan isn't as verbal as a lot of kids her age but her memory absolutely blows me away. She'll make connections between people, names, places that we haven't seen/been in months. The other day she pointed to all the paint cans in the garage and said, "Grandma gave it to you." (my mom came out and painted with us). Or she'll remember who gave her a particular present (a dress from Susan, a furry toy from Rachel by saying, " ______ gave it to you, So nice!" She'll name people's moms or baby siblings (Patty, baby Bensen) when I tell her we're playing with a particular friend. Or that we get to go on the swings when we go to the library (after not playing there since summer) or that we get treats when the boy scouts come over and even remember Logan, one of the boy scouts. She is getting really good at remembering people. The other day she pointed out "Uncle John" in For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet (a boy who looked surprisingly like her Uncle John. Even when I'm on the phone with people, she recognizes their voice, like Jamie and my mom. She really surprises me with connections! So fun watching her develop!
Reagan can throw quite the fit these days (Will and I keep saying we need a padded room to put her in!) I am really working on how to better work with her, like listening to what she is trying to say, being better about communicating what is expected and going on, being consistent, setting boundaries so she knows it's not okay to yell/scream, whine all day! Life experiences sure make you grow!!!
Lincoln

Lincoln's favorite thing is shoes! He would love to get his hands on any pair of shoes and gnaw on the sole- Yuck!!! Also loves putting his hands in the toilet. Sick habits!
He is getting lots of teeth! I'm really pushing solids. I actually love nursing and think I would do it for 15 months with each kid if there weren't things that stop me. (I got pregnant with Lincoln while still nursing Reagan so I felt like I should stop) Now it's a purely selfish reason but Will and I are going to MEXICO BABY!!! Woohoo! I have always been such a wuss about leaving my kids, but I think I'm at a mental state where I think it's better for there sakes if I take a break, LOL. I worry about leaving Lincoln so young, since he wont understand what's going on but I think this will be so good for Will and I and I am VERY excited. Will's brother John is going to watch the kids, he is AMAZING! So now the push is on to wean Lincoln.
Me

I have sort of been struggling the past couple months. If you've talk to me this month you've probably heard me bemoan how hard winter is. (negativity has been oozing from me lately, so not my usually self!!) Winter, and not being able to get out with kids, is always hard but this one was particularly difficult. My negative thoughts had sort of put me in a bit of a funk. (amazing how powerful thoughts are!!! For good or for ill we are so POWERFUL!) So over the past couple weeks I have been really been doing a lot of goal setting, soul searching, reinvigorating my life. It's funny how you can sort of come to a cross roads when nothing drastic has changed but you think, "Hey, I've got to realign my life." So that's where I am, trying really hard each day to remember what's most important, be progressing through my goals, and ENJOY life.
Something new and exciting is I was called to serve in the Young Women's again. I am so excited for this new calling (it's actually the exact same one I had in my old ward!). I am really excited about going through the Personal Progress Program again, it is going to be amazing!
Feel better Julie! The kids are so stinking cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is a darling picture of you!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so glad you're both going to Mexico. You'll have a blast!
Mexico sounds amazing!!! That's one of the reasons I am excited to stop nursing Ryan is so I can go somewhere! :) When are you guys planning on going?
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you mean about the funk. I have it a lot. I haven't learned how to get around it for more than a few days though.
Jumping Jacks looks awesome! I'm so glad Reagan will nap for you again! That's perfect time for you time!
I'm glad you posted again. Sorry you've had a tough go this winter...I think we all struggle this time of year! Jumping jacks looks fun...I wish we could do it, but we can't get it in very good with naptime and kindergarten. And have fun in YW...the girls will love you! Miss you. We'll have to get together again. And when do you go to Mexico?
ReplyDeleteI love your detailed updates. nice to hear about you too and not just the kids
ReplyDeleteJulie, thank you for sharing. We always share the great and fabulous things about life on blogs (which is wonderful b/c we want to remember them and share them) but sometimes it's good to share the hard stuff too. Hopefully the sun comes out soon and your amazing spirit starts to shine again. It's hard being a mom of two little ones no matter what. Be good to yourself. I'm glad you're taking a trip!
ReplyDeleteOh, and the pictures are so beautiful. I can't believe how different Reagan and Lincoln look! They are so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally hear ya on the winter funk. I am a sunshine girl through and through. The last 2 weeks in Dallas have been pretty rainy and glum and after a few days I was feeling the same. And can I just say goal setting, projects, and working out are my life savors. I seriously make myself those silly charts just like Lucy so I can check off when I finish a book or something. But it helps. Good luck...spring is on its way.
ReplyDelete