Maui- Thursday-Sunday
Julie, Julie, Jenefer, Amy

Lunch by the pool while we wait for our room

BEACH!!!!
The waves were perfect, not too big just perfect to play in. We would go in just past the where the waves were crashing and jump up and down with each wave. So much fun!
Julie, Jenefer, Julie, Amy
The resort was seriously so beautiful.
There was the BEST service there, doesn't that make such a difference? EVERYONE greeted you with "Aloha," if you asked where something was they would personally escort you, they were constantly bringing you ice water on the beach/pool or fresh fruit.The view from my cabana.
The pool over looking the beach. The hotel was set on a hill so you could walk down to the ocean and had the most magnificent view from above. 
This is where we went for breakfast a couple of mornings. Yummy!

Iao Needle, Iao Valley State Park
See that peak, "the needle", yeah we climbed to the top of that. Go us! It was a pretty intense hike.
So what made this hike crazy and unlike any other hike I've been on is that we didn't really know if there was an end destination. There were no trail markers, and tons of cut offs. We wanted to reach the top of the needle but didn't know if we could get there. Amy called her friend back in Utah who had done the hike and asked her what the deal was. She said, "Just take all the paths that lead up." So that's exactly what we did, went UP UP UP. We were like climbing on all fours it was sooooooo steep!
We made it to the top, we're happy I promise! The needle's top was so small! We could look around in a 360 and see all the other mountains surrounding us. I loved the clouds meeting the peaks. There were tons of helicopters flying above on tours.
On the way down we cooled our feet in the river.
ha, aha, ha ha!!! 
Every night this guy would run around lighting all the torches and blowing his conk shell. :)
Dinners were so fun. We ate most of our meals at the resort. So yummy.
The finishing touch was cotton candy, how cool! Will is actually a HUGE fan of cotton candy. 
The pool over looking the beach. The hotel was set on a hill so you could walk down to the ocean and had the most magnificent view from above. 
This is where we went for breakfast a couple of mornings. Yummy!

Iao Needle, Iao Valley State Park
See that peak, "the needle", yeah we climbed to the top of that. Go us! It was a pretty intense hike.So what made this hike crazy and unlike any other hike I've been on is that we didn't really know if there was an end destination. There were no trail markers, and tons of cut offs. We wanted to reach the top of the needle but didn't know if we could get there. Amy called her friend back in Utah who had done the hike and asked her what the deal was. She said, "Just take all the paths that lead up." So that's exactly what we did, went UP UP UP. We were like climbing on all fours it was sooooooo steep!
We made it to the top, we're happy I promise! The needle's top was so small! We could look around in a 360 and see all the other mountains surrounding us. I loved the clouds meeting the peaks. There were tons of helicopters flying above on tours.

On the way down we cooled our feet in the river.
ha, aha, ha ha!!! 
Every night this guy would run around lighting all the torches and blowing his conk shell. :)
Dinners were so fun. We ate most of our meals at the resort. So yummy.
The finishing touch was cotton candy, how cool! Will is actually a HUGE fan of cotton candy. 
Hawaii is 4 hours later than Utah so we were waking up at like 4/5 am. It was weird. So we got our day started really early. But I love being out early in the morning, it is so peaceful and feels so good. The funny thing is there were sooooo many people up and doing at like 6 am, everyone coming from earlier time zones, lol. One morning I even attended a yoga class on the beach, I could get used to that!
We drove into town to rent the kayaks then kayaked back to our hotel. 
It was whale season so I got to see several breaching whales.
Group dinner. I could not think of a more perfect location!!!

Can't miss Hawaiian Shaved Ice!


It was whale season so I got to see several breaching whales.
Group dinner. I could not think of a more perfect location!!!

Some of us girls would take advantage of the complimentary services at the spa. I started making it my routine each day after the beach to go to the spa. Relaxing in the eucalyptus steam room, taking a shower with faucets shooting from all directions, wrapping myself in a huge robe and slippers, enjoying fresh lemon water, lotion, hair products, and leisurely getting ready for dinner. The life....
Can't miss Hawaiian Shaved Ice!


At the port, about to board the ferry to Lanai
Lanai is a really small island. There is only one town, Lanai City, and it is tiny!!! Lanai city is a much higher elevation than down by the beach. It almost doesn't feel like you are in Hawaii because it is really chilly and you are surrounded by pine trees!
Early morning hike to Sweetheart's Rock to see the sunrise.

Snorkeling in Sweetheart's Cove
Amy and I sat and watched all the little crabs throw sand digging their holes :)View at the Four Seasons in Lanai
The beach front at the Four Season's in Lanai was located in sort of cove. Everyday pods of dolphins would come and swim there!!!! Two days in a row I swam with dolphins, close enough to touch! I would look down and see dolphins swimming below me. I would lift my head up and watch them jump and spin out of the water. It was AMAZING!!!I also loved snorkeling in the beautiful reef. I saw schools and schools of fish. Another thing I loved (pictures hopefully to come) was paddle surfing. You stand up on a surf board but instead riding the waves you just paddle, it was really fun!
I also enjoyed working out at the gym, getting in some yoga, and attending a water aerobics class for the first time (surprisingly harder than I thought it would be).
I wish we had an abundant of flowers around here, I would sport this look everyday. I loved choosing a fun color each day and feeling it in my hair all day.
Lobby at Lanai. This Four Seasons had a more oriental feel to it. I loved how everything was so open.

For such a small island it is funny that there are two Four Seasons on it. The other one, was more of a lodge, located up in Lanai City. We could go and use all of there amenities. On our last afternoon we visited the lodge and played croquet.












I'm so glad you had so much fun! You are gorgeous! And everything you did was amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow! YOur trip looked awesome. I need to go back to HaWaii!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh.. it looks like you guys had an amazing time! You look great!
ReplyDeleteNo way! What an amazing trip.
ReplyDeleteThis looks so fun! What a great trip.
ReplyDeleteWOW! I am so jealous! It looks like you two had so much fun! I bet you even forgot that you have kids! You looked great and skinny! Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! I'm jealous. Great pictures! You look great.
ReplyDeleteJealous! That's all I can say. Hawaii really fits you well, you look beautiful and refreshed.
ReplyDeleteSO jealous! what obvious fun you guys had! BTW - You are just so cute julie!
ReplyDeletelooks like heaven!! i want to go!
ReplyDeleteWowwzers! Looks like a hell of a time...jk. But seriously, what fun! Nice hotel and pool and restaurants! I love Hawaii. And you look so beautiful in every picture. I can't wait to get a tan myself. Love you Julie! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete