Will's birthday was a blast.
The day started with me waking Reagan up. Yup, that's right, me waking her up, that never happens. But I knew Reagan would be crushed if Will left for work before she got to see him on his "Berf-ay." She got to give him her present she was so excited about. A tie she picked out ALL BY HERSELF! 

Eating a bowl of cereal with dad before he left for work.

Once Will left we got busy making cookies. We made peanut butter blossoms. Reagan rolled all the dough into little balls, rolled them each in sugar, and unwrapped all the Hersey kisses to top the freshly baked cookies. Normally having her as my little "helper" makes the task a bit more challenging but with these tedious cookies (which I save for special occasions) she actually really, really helped. Under the time crunch, getting into the office before lunch, I was super grateful. We drove to Will's office to deliver them to all our friends there.
Then, it's become somewhat of a tradition, since there are several June birthdays in the office, to go to Tucano's on Will's birthday. Tucano's has a buy one get one free meal during your birthday month, it's fantastic.
They sing to you on your birthday with drums and tambourines, I realized a video would have been much more valuable than a picture, his dance was pretty great :)
Reagan loves Will's friends at work. Here she is with Ryan. She always asks to go golfing with Ryan.
We stopped by Blinkenstaff's Toy Store. This toy store is AMAZING! So interactive and so fun. Will bought us some President place mats, fitting.
Then the work began......I had planned a surprise birthday party for Will. It was really small with just a few friends but keeping it all hushed was a feet! At one point in the day Will called me, I was busily picking up the house, and he said, "Are you like running up the stairs or something?" cause was I panting so hard, lol! I was like, "oh, yeah just the stairs ha..ha." Reagan can be a good secret keeper, despite the fact that on the eve of Will birthday Reagan told him, "You're not getting ties!" Thanks Reagan. But as far as the party went, she was stellar. She would get so excited as I called people and let them in on the details. She kept telling me how she was going to hide when daddy came home.The trickest part of the event was the timing of Will coming home, something that is different everyday. Will he come home early because it's his birthday, I didn't want everyone to not be there when he got home, but I didn't want them waiting around forever. I ended up having to send out a last minute text to come a half hour later that told (he had decided to ditch the last of his work day and go golfing with Ryan, the other birthday boy) but.... the timing ended up being flawless. Everyone was there when Will drove up. He was clueless, obviously, he took like 10 minutes getting out of his car, what! At the last minute I realized Caitlyn's kids were playing downstairs where he would walk in, I thought he would be like "what are these kids doing?" but he didn't even notice them, lol. He walked up the stairs, "SURPRISE!!!!!" His brother Joe was the only one actually hiding, behind the couch, lol. He was SHOCKED. Yea! I was so happy I actually surprised him. I have to correct myself, Reagan was hiding too. She actually stayed in her hiding place until Will got dressed and came out and found her, our family's classic place: in the cupboard.
Then the other thing is, I tend to like having parties a lot more than he does. Of course Will is super social but when he does something he likes to do it right, whereas I tend to like having lots of small parties that are more just thrown together, just no big deal, let's just get together type things. So the pressure was on for me to perform. I tried to make the dinner really nice, which I was happy it turned out so well- thanks to Joe and Ammon for overseeing the grilling. But what really made it was great company. I'm sad I didn't take pictures of the guests, even in my obsession with taking pictures, I was in too much of a whirl to get them. But we had Ali and Ammon, Joe and Rianne, Lindsey and Ed, and Caitlin. But here's a video of me singing happy birthday, thanks for making it a solo guys! My favorite is Lincoln's reaction to the candles.
After the consumption of all the food we played a game all about Will. Here were the questions: (you can see if you can get them all)
Multiple Choice
1. How old is Will turning?
2. What are his top 3 sports teams?
3. Favorite NBA player?
4. In Will’s opinion which is the most intense sport to watch?
T/F
5. Will is the oldest?
6. Tried to kiss a girl from every state?
7. Spent his childhood years in TX and NY?
Things Will LovesJeopardy and Trivia games
Facebook and Twitter
When people laugh at his jokes (seriously if you want Will to like you, just laugh at his jokes, you’ll be his favorite person to hang out with)
Telling jokes only a few people would get
It was a great day. But in my efforts to pull out all the stops for the big 28, I sort of dropped the ball on Father's Day. I hate that these two holidays always fall within the same week. Gift giving and making things special is not my forte (unless it has to do with record keeping/picture stuff, I love that) But it's always a challenge for me to find a way to make things special, then 2 within a week, give me a break!! Maybe next Father's Day I wont make you watch the kids all day while I nap, thanks honey :)


Happy Birthday Will! You did so awesome Julie Anne! And I loved the ending of the post about father's day! lol I think being pregnant gives you every right to skimp out on it especially with all the hard work on his birthday. :)
ReplyDelete