Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hilton Head Island

Nancy, my childhood best friend, was getting married. We had to be there.

Nancy and I met at the beginning of our 5th grade year at Orange Hunt Elementary. I have more memories with her than probably any other friend. Those were precious years, the years you just have good old fun. Riding bikes, rollerblading, playing in her monstrous back yard, going camping, snowboarding, laughing, laughing, laughing. I moved away from Virginia my junior year of high school. Other than my short trip to visit Nancy in Atlanta and Ashlee in North Carolina last October I had not seen my high school girl friends in 10 years. Yes, this was a trip Will and I definitely did not want to miss.

Hilton Head turned out to be a PERFECT vacation get away. With McKinley coming in September this will probably be the last time Will and I have alone for a while. I had been in CA the previous week so when Will and I met at the Atlanta Airport where we caught our connecting flight to Savannah, Georgia together, we were even more excited to see each other and have a weekend together.

We got into Hilton Head, South Carolina Friday night. We spent the evening hitting up the outlet malls, I LOVE outlet shopping. Will found some cool shirts and I got some earrings for the wedding and a cute new headband. We had a nice little dinner outside in the perfect summer air.

Saturday Will headed out bright and early to hit the golf course. Harbour Town. Will grew up playing this course in video games. Harbour Town, the host of The Heritage tournament every year. Meanwhile, I relaxed at the hotel and cranked out all those blog posts of my CA trip :)

For lunch we went to Skull Creek Boathouse to take in some of the local seafood. Best Mahi-Mahi we have EVER had. Right on the water. Then we hit up the beach, what what!!!!
Can I just say i.LOVE.the.Atlantic.Ocean!!! The water is soooooooo warm. Will and I had so much fun jumping in the waves and reading on the beach.

Saturday evening was the rehearsal dinner.
Us with the Bride and Groom to be.
Will, Me, Ashlee, and Reid
We had so much fun hanging out with them.
So good to see the girls!
Lexy, Me, Sonya, Ashlee and Lawrence
Another day at the beach! We got fried, but we're enjoying the tan it turned into.
We got to meet Ashlee's baby, Jordan. She is a doll. The last time I saw Ashlee she was nine months pregnant, now here she is :) So cute!
Wedding Post to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments